Child Protection and Case Management Officer (CPCMO)
- Post Date:May 31, 2021
- Views 449
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The organisation is a community-based non-profit making organisation operating in one of the districts in Manicaland province.
The Child Protection and Case Management Officer is responsible for the overall implementation and management of Child Protection and Case Management interventions in Buhera district at district level. He/She reports to the Programme Manager.
The Child Protection Officer will be supporting interventions under Children Tariro Program that adopt an HIV Sensitive case management approach that provides a multi-layered response from prevention through to response and to a point at which new HIV infections have decreased and fall below the total number of deaths among HIV-infected individuals. The Child Protection and Case Management Officer will contribute towards continuum of care, prevention, and treatment through increasing case identification of children at risk at multiple entry points (clinics, social welfare, education, community platforms), increasing use of health platforms and community structures for improved HIV case finding, Improve bi-directional referral and feedback mechanisms at all levels to achieve the best outcomes for children.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work is top priority, Registration with Council of Social Work is mandatory, (though other fields such as Social Sciences are preferable substitutes);
- A postgraduate Master degree in social work, child protection, child rights, family studies or development studies is an added advantage;
- At least 3 years’ professional work experience in a child-Protection setting, preferably in a similar position;
- The incumbent must have knowledge of community-based child protection approaches and alternative care processes, preferably including experience in participatory approaches and child participation methodologies;
- Comprehensive knowledge of case management and best interest assessment processes for children at risk, particularly in rural settings, is a plus;
- Psychosocial Support and Life Skills training experience is an added advantage;
- Knowledge of basic counselling is an added advantage.
Interested candidates can submit an application letter together with a detailed CV to [email protected] Please write – CPCMO on the subject of your email.
The organisation commits itself to protecting children whom its staff, volunteers as well as outsiders may get into contact with. The organisation’s mandate is to serve the best interest of all children through protection from abuse, harm and exclusion, child participation and development in all its programs.
NB: Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Deadline: 11 June 2021
Related Jobs (7)
Assistant CCD Manager on July 3, 2021