Chief Stores Clerk
- Post Date:November 19, 2021
- Views 343
- Career Level ClerkQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Education
The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance Electronic-Learning (ODeL) university in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable
and flexible manner.
Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the vacant position of CHIEF STORES CLERK: FINANCE UNIT (1 POST) that has arisen in the Zimbabwe Open University.
Women candidates and the differently abled persons are encouraged to apply.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Checking the accuracy of the goods, equipment, materials and supplies received from the supplier community;
- Verifying supplier`s statutory compliance to Income Tax Act [Chapter 23:06] as well as to the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Asset Act [Chapter 22:23];
- Creating and maintaining sound inventory records of all the receipts, issues, balances in stock, stock takes, purchase requisition raised by the departments;
- Administration of the institutions inventory codes;
- Regular spot checks of all the inventory and reconcile with the stock balances both in the system and manual inventory records;
- Allocation of university inventory in accordance to the user`s request taking into consideration of the balances in stock;
- Compilation of departmental, and regional annual procurement requirements;
- Participating in periodic stock takes; and
- Ensuring that the inventory section is clean and tidy at all the times;
- Any other duties assigned by the Administration Officer, Stores.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Higher National Diploma in Purchasing and Supply or Stores Management
- Five (5) ‘O’ level passes including English language
- Two (2) years relevant post qualification work experience
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications consisting of the following documents: application letter, certified educational and professional certificates as well as transcripts and curriculum vitae with contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three (3) referees as follows:
- in PDF format as a single document to: [email protected]
- as hard copies which consist of ten (10) sets of each of the above listed documents. All envelopes should clearly indicate the post being applied for.
Applications should be received not later than 24 November 2021.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Resources
Zimbabwe Open University or
P O Box MP 1119
Mount Pleasant Harare
Hand delivered to:
3 rd Floor
Cnr S. Machel/L. Takawira
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT MEET THE STIPULATED REQUIREMENTS NEED NOT APPLY.