Chief Public Transport & Planning Officer
- Post Date:February 10, 2022
- Views 434
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Local Government
City of Harare is inviting suitable applicants to fill the vacant position of CHIEF PUBLIC TRANSPORT & PLANNING OFFICER that has arisen in the Department of Works.
GRADE : 5
REPORTING TO : HEAD-PLANNING
Responsible for the overall provision of leadership in the formulation and implementation of Master and Local Plans and policies applicable to traffic and transportation systems in the City.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Produces traffic and transportation Master and Local Plans.
- Formulates and implements traffic and transportation policies, strategies and systems in a sustainable way.
- Manages the designing of facilities, billboard advertising and determining methods for the improvement of transportation infrastructure
- Advises on proposals for medium and long term development of the City’s traffic and transportation systems.
- Implements statutory duties in terms of Road Traffic Act and Municipal By-Laws.
- Staff development and performance management within the context of IRBM.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Degree in Urban Planning or related field.
- A Master’s Degree in Urban Planning or related field will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience appropriate to the discipline.
- Corporate Membership of a relevant Institute.
- Clean Class 4 Driver’s licence.
DESIRED COMPETENCES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- High level of leadership and integrity
- Team Player
- Ability to manage stakeholders.
- Critical thinking and paying attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills.
City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer
Applications clearly marked, on the envelope, the position being applied for, shall be addressed to:
The Human Capital Director,
City of Harare,
P O Box 1680,
OR hand delivered to:
Records Office, Basement,
Room B32,Rowan Martin Building,
Not later than 18 February 2022.