Chief Operating Officer - FMCG
- Post Date:June 1, 2022
- Views 626
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Retail
A great opportunity for a Chief Operating Officer to join our client, a leading company in the FMCG sector. This role is responsible for driving the implementation of the company strategy for operations as well as management of execution of strategic initiatives in compliance with the company’s standards and best practice.
- Is responsible for supporting, managing, or implementing Food Safety and Product Quality standards.
- Act as the primary contact and ambassador of the operation to all stakeholders including; internal and external customers, suppliers and the local community.
- Develop and maintain a desirable public relationship in the community to assure a favorable Company image.
- Ensure adherence to established food safety policies that are in accordance with consumer safety, “good manufacturing practices”,
- Provides leadership, guidance and vision to the Management Team for the creation of Strategic Plan.
- Ensures delivery and execution, on-budget and on-time, for these plans.
- Champions a trust-based leadership culture with a bias for action and a passion for winning.
- Directs the operation to ensure the facility achieves the required volume, cost and quality as set in each area
- Monitors expenses to ensure attainment of budgets and forecasts.
- Directs plant facilities maintenance in a cost-effective manner and capital expenditure budget to provide maximum return on capital investment.
- Participate in negotiations of raw product contracts and direct field activities to obtain needed quantities of suitable raw product at competitive prices.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Degree in Food Science plus MBA or MBL
- 12-15 years’ work experience within the FMCG Manufacturing, Distribution, Supply Chain Management and Warehousing environment.
- At least 5 years’ leadership experience at EXCO level leading project delivery and strategy.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in successfully leading change and processes management.
- Expert knowledge in quality assurance and protocols.
- Expert analytical, market-evaluation and business planning skills.
EMAIL CVs to: [email protected] by 7 June 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.