Chief Operating Officer
- Post Date:June 1, 2022
- Views 313
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
We have been retained by our client, a reputable property development and agri-business Group to assist in recruiting a Chief Operating Officer. Based in Harare, this is a senior position responsible for driving business performance.
VISION AND STRATEGIC DIRECTION
- Provide clear focus and business direction in terms of the aspirations of the Board and Shareholders.
- Continuously develop and share the Vision, Mission & Values with Management Team and all staff members
- Identifies problems and opportunities and addresses them; brings those which are appropriate to the Board and/or its committees; and, facilitates discussion and deliberation.
- Informs the Board and its committees about trends, issues, problems and activities in order to facilitate policy-making.
- Recommends policy positions to the Board.
- Ensure the development of a robust business plan in line with the Board and Shareholder’s Vision
- Present the business plan to the Board for approval
- Achieve targeted business objectives at the agreed times
- Ensure integrity of financial information, standards, and reports.
- Participate in the budget process and continuously monitor performance against the budget.
- Oversees the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting and audit.
- Works with the Board to ensure financing to support short- and long-term goals.
- Provides prompt, thorough, and accurate information to keep the board appropriately informed of the organization’s financial position
- Ensure robust marketing of the Group’s products and services
- Achieve the revenue target based on approved budgets
- Achieve profit target based on approved budgets
- Grow the business and ensure competitive positioning
- Ensure the efficient and effective of all resources in line with the company’s vision.
- Ensure that all the operations have documented standard operation procedures.
- Continuously review and ensure existence of a structure that facilitates the delivery of the business vision.
- Ensure that management and all staff are equipped with the necessary skills to deliver results expected.
- Continuously implement performance management with all direct and all staff members in the organization
- Continuously develop and nature a pay-for-performance culture
- Ensure the existence of HR policies and procedures as well as the conditions of service in support of the company’s vision
- Provides general oversight of all company activities, manages the day-to-day operations, and assures a smoothly functioning, efficient organization.
- Ensures organizational stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation
- Ensure compliance to statutory requirements and government regulations
- Establish performance-monitoring process for the business.
- Continuously review and ensure development of Standard Operating Procedures in all departments.
- Helps the Board articulate its own role and accountabilities and that of its committees and individual members, and helps evaluate performance regularly.
- Works with the Board to enable the Board to fulfill its governance functions and facilitates optimum performance of the Board, its committees and individual Board members.
- With Chair, focuses Board attention on long-term strategic issues.
- Manages the Board’s due diligence process to assure timely attention to core issues.
- Works with the Board members and committee chairs to get the best thinking and involvement of each Board member and to stimulate each Board member to give his or her best
- An MBA
- 10 – 12 years experience at senior management level
- Experience in Real Estate/Property Development
- Strategic orientation, discipline, prioritization and planning skills
- Directiveness, follow-through and execution
- Ability to monitor, provide feedback and direction
- Ability to achieve results through people
- Communication and influence skills
EMAIL CVs to [email protected] by 7 June 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related Jobs (15)
Finance and Administration Graduate Trainee (Harare) on June 21, 2022 Internship