Chief Operating Officer
- Post Date:February 1, 2022
- Views 444
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Business
One of Zimbabwe’s Leading Corporates – “An employee of choice with a renowned reputation of success ” – A rare opportunity not to be missed
“Our client is an equal opportunity employee”
It values and invests its people and offers employment opportunity to everyone!
This job would appeal to sitting Executives across commerce, industry and other sectors including agriculture FMCG and other.
The Chief Operating Officer reports to the Group Managing Director.
The prime responsibility of this executive role is setting short and long-term goals and taking full responsibility for the operational performance of the key business units and ensuring overall business success and delivering return on investment to shareholders.
Achieve Business Results
- Sets goals and operational plans for the key business units to ensure sustainability over the short and long-term.
- Takes accountability for the aggregate plan and delivery of results for the business units.
- Creates and leverages the advantages of centralised operational and technical expertise to drive more efficient ways of working across the business.
- Ensures strategic objectives are translated into tactical business plans with mechanisms for key measurements in place to monitor progress.
- Ensures that business change and transformation projects are delivered in line with overall business strategy.
- Leads the activities of the different operational areas under management to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximum efficiency and to reduce overall operational expenditure.
- Re-balances resources between different areas, for example reallocating budgets and people resources.
- Contributes to the development of business strategy by providing a view on potential improvements for products or services and an assessment of the existing situation and anticipated changes in the external environment.
- Manages budgets for the operating business units and ensures that operational and capital expenditure remains within the approved business plans.
- Analysis’s effectiveness of processes and systems in use in the business, recommends and implements new processes and systems.
- Reviews performance against balanced scorecard components as approved by the Board, analyses gaps, and agrees on action plans to close gaps.
- Benchmark’s productivity of the operating divisions against industry standards and creates measures to improve productivity. Looks for methods to improve quality, efficiency, and productivity, reduce costs, increase profits, and improve control measures.
- Assumes responsibility for new business development in terms of diversification and geographic expansion.
Driving Business Direction
- Leads and drives strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting of business requirements and decision-making processes.
- Ensures an effective and efficient operating model is designed and maintained.
- Ensures that risk and sustainability is effectively addressed in all aspects of the business.
- Spearheads the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Builds strong relationships with key stakeholders and peers on the executive management team.
- Provides clear directions on strategic goals, translating and prioritizing them into business and performance measures for the division.
- Leads, inspires and coaches a team of high calibre professionals, creating succession to key roles and enhancing management capability.
- Monitors the adherence to governance and sets high standards of professionalism across the functions.
- Ensures that managers create effective workforce plans and recruitment demand plans for their areas.
- Reviews People and Performance Management plans to determine effectiveness.
A confident executive already exceeding in their career seeking advancement
- Past or current experience working for a ZSE Listed Company would be a distinct advantage only
- Over 10 years relevant executive management experience in relevant industries.
- Degree in Finance/Agriculture/ Production Engineering or alike
- Post qualifying qualification – MBA/MBL etc
- Experience in interacting at senior levels involving Governments in different jurisdictions and organised business E.g., CZI
- Extensive experience in interacting and working productively with multiple stakeholder groups, often with competing interests
- Sound background in senior level Operations Financial and Strategic management is also desired.
You may be a sitting MD/COO/CEO/ Operation Director or other seeking a career move to a larger corporate.
Our client seeks a dynamic person with a capacity to grow with the corporate over years to come.
The remuneration package and conditions adequately designed to attract the highest level of skill required.
In confidence contact Colin Roberts: mailto:[email protected]