Chief Officer Independent Review Mechanism
- Post Date:June 7, 2022
- Views 318
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
The Infrastructure Development Bank of Zimbabwe (“IDBZ/the Bank”) is a National Development Finance Institution (DFI) that promotes infrastructure development in various sectors including Energy, Transport, Water & Sanitation, Housing, Irrigation infrastructure, ICT, Health, Tourism and Education. These are key enablers to inclusive socio-economic development and growth. The Bank also supports private sector enterprises, focusing on the infrastructure value chain, agri-businesses, mining and export-oriented businesses. In order to effectively execute its mandate, the Bank seeks to recruit the position of CHIEF OFFICER INDEPENDENT REVIEW MECHANISM.
This position reports to the Manager Independent Review Mechanism Division
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The job exists to assist the Manager – Independent Review Mechanism Division to administer the Bank’s Independent Review Mechanism (IRM) which provides for compliance reviews, problem solving, advisory services and outreach activities to stakeholders adversely affected by projects supported by the IDBZ.
The job includes the following specific responsibilities:
- Reviews and recommends to the Manager Independent Review Mechanism relevant compliance risk management policies and procedures and disseminates information, within IDBZ.
- Prepares compliance review and mediation reports for review by the Manager
- Assists in carrying out regular audits to ensure compliance with all regulations, laws, statutes including internal policies and procedures.
- Assists in responding to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and standards of conduct and makes recommendations on remedial action
- Coordinates outreach activities to raise awareness and to equip communities affected by the Bank’s supported projects in an endeavour to engage in constructive dialogue
- Invites all relevant parties, the requestors, management’s representatives, project promoters, and other interested stakeholder in the complaints about projects to participate in the exercise.
- Implements action plans agreed during a problem-solving exercise
- Coordinates spot-check advisory reviews of projects to confirm compliance of the Bank with its policies, procedures and legal framework.
- Assists in improving the social and environmental impact of projects supported by the Bank by advising Management on emerging, strategic, or systemic issues or processes based on lessons learnt and trends identified during the handling of the requests through problem- solving exercises, compliance reviews or outreach activities
- Assists the Bank to understand how the environmental and/or social obligations contained in Bank policies and procedures may be met more effectively
- Receives requests from community members whose rights may be affected by the non-compliance of the Bank’s policies and procedures and addresses the problems raised
- Reaches out to local communities affected by Bank projects
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
This is a senior position and requires the following attributes:
- Undergraduate Degree in Environmental Science or Civil Engineering
- Post Graduate Degree or equivalent professional qualification in the
- field of Environmental Science or Civil Engineering.
- A Project Management Certification/Diploma will be an added advantage.
- At least 8 years relevant experience.
- Experience working in a Development Finance Institution (DFI) will be an added advantage.
- A proven ability to communicate and excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent report writing skills
Interested applicants should submit their applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae by not later than 16:00 hours Friday, 10 June 2022.
REMUNERATION: For this position, a highly competitive package is on offer, details of which would be disclosed to the shortlisted candidates.
To be considered, interested candidates are requested to forward their applications to:
Acting Director Corporate Services and Human Resources Department
99 Gamal Abdel Nasser Road