Chief Of Party USAID OVC Project (Zimbabwe)
- Post Date:March 14, 2022
- Views 408
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Health Care
Bantwana Zimbabwe (BZ) seeks an experienced candidate for the role of Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded project to reduce the vulnerability of orphans and vulnerable children (OVC), and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) to HIV and GBV. BZ is a leader in the development of high quality, comprehensive OVC service delivery in high HIV prevalence districts in Zimbabwe. BZ brings a significant track record of excellence and innovation in improving access to and quality of integrated OVC care and support, with a particular focus on strengthening coordination and layering of care, protection and support services across the HIV continuum of response, for vulnerable children and their caregivers at community, district, provincial and national levels.
The Chief of Party is responsible for overseeing high-impact, scalable, and sustainable programming; establishing long-term, cooperative relationships with key ministries, donors, and partners. The selection of the applicant is subject to USAID approval. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Provide overall technical and management leadership and financial oversight including managing partner relations and ensuring technical and management excellence;
- Liaise closely with the Government of Zimbabwe and relevant ministries to promote harmonization and collaboration among ministries, the private sector and NGOs; Foster an enabling policy and regulatory environment with national ministries;
- Work with and build capacity of consortium partners providing health, social protection, education, and economic strengthening services to vulnerable children, adolescents and their families;
- Represent the project to USAID, Government of Zimbabwe and other key stakeholders
Qualifications and education
- Master’s Degree or higher in international development, public health, business administration, social sciences, or a closely related field;
- 10+ years of experience designing, implementing and managing large-scale projects involving multiple partners, preferably in Zimbabwe, of which at least 5 years has been spent in a senior management role;
- Experience with OVC, child protection / welfare, HIV prevention programming, systems strengthening, capacity building, economic strengthening, quality improvement, or policy development;
- Excellent leadership qualities, in-depth technical and management expertise, with demonstrated credibility as a Chief of Party, program leader and manager, preferably on USAID-funded projects;
- Experience interacting with government agencies and officials and international donor agencies;
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills in English; additional languages such as Shona or Ndebele is a plus;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Management experience with US Government cooperative agreements, grants, or contracts;
- Zimbabwean nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit their motivation letters demonstrating their suitability for the position and detailed CVs, clearly stating the position being in the subject section to [email protected] by close of business on Tuesday 15 March 2022.
Bantwana Zimbabwe is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.