Chief of Party
- Post Date:May 19, 2021
- Views 521
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 15+ Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Musasa is a national NGO that was established in 1988 and focuses on Violence Against Women (VAW). Musasa mainly focuses on direct support to survivors of gender-based violence (GBV), public education and awareness raising on Violence Against Women as well as the nexus between GBV and HIV. Musasa is seeking applications for a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID/PEPFAR DREAMS project in Zimbabwe. The focus of the project will be to Prevent new HIV infections among Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) using the Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-Free, Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) approach. This position is contingent upon USAID funding and approval.
The Chief of Party will have overall responsibility for coordination of all project activities and staff. S/he will have primary responsibility of serving as the key liaison with USAID, the Government of Zimbabwe, implementing partners, and other stakeholders. S/he will have the leadership qualities, technical expertise and experience, management experience, interpersonal skills and relationships to fulfil the requirements of the program description.
The incumbent will provide overall vision and leadership for the successful implementation of the project encompassing:
- Acting as liaison between the DREAMS project and USAID/Zimbabwe, Government of Zimbabwe stakeholders, donors, and all other relevant stakeholders and client country partners;
- Being responsible for managing the implementation and monitoring of DREAMS activities and ensuring achievement of project deliverables;
- Managing development of, and monitoring work plans and budgets; ensuring appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations;
- Overseeing and coordinating sub-contractor deliverables in program implementation;
- Ensuring appropriate program monitoring and reporting;
- Providing appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations;
- Coordinating partner efforts in program implementation as well as ensuring appropriate program monitoring and reporting;
- Managing project staffing levels and supervising project staff;
- Other tasks as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The candidate should have:
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the DREAMS Project;
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with government officials, civil society partners, donors, and donor-funded implementers;
- Familiarity with U.S. Government-funded programming, rules, and regulations;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID policies, procedures and approaches related to program design/implementation, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation;
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and ability to motivate staff to be accountable for project outcomes;
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong track record in meeting deliverables and deadlines and ability to provide oversight of financial and operational aspects of projects;
- Demonstrated effectiveness in developing and maintaining unbiased and professional working relationships with government officials, civil society partners, donors, and donor-funded implementers;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Qualifications and experience
- Fifteen years of demonstrated successful leadership in managing large, complex, donor-funded programs within non-governmental organizations or private sector in a developing country context;
- Previous experience as COP on a PEPFAR-funded project;
- Demonstrated leadership in fostering successful partnership approaches and relationships among a variety of organizations/institutions including government, private sector, local NGOs, and community-based organizations;
- Master’s degree in public health or other relevant degree related to project’s outcomes;
- Candidate must demonstrate recent, practical experience in managing large HIV/AIDS programs;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with senior level government officials, donors, and multilateral organizations.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application letter indicating your suitability via email [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Deadline: 27 May 2021
Related Jobs (11)
Researcher – Gender Equality and Women Political Leadership on January 18, 2022 Consultancy Contract