Chief of Party
- Post Date:May 10, 2021
- Views 461
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 15+ Years
- Industry Non Governmental
A Consortium of local NGOs seeks the services of key Programme management staff for an anticipated PEPFAR/USAID Zimbabwe supported DREAMS project. Developed by PEPFAR, DREAMS is an ambitious approach to programming for adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) towards helping girls develop into Determined, Resilient, Empowered, Aids-free, Mentored and Safe women. In Zimbabwe, DREAMS Programming has been implemented since 2015. The anticipated project, Adolescent Girls Reaching their Dreams Activity, is targeting to advance DREAMS programming in Zimbabwe with the goal to reduce the number of new infections among adolescent girls and young women. The Activity is anticipated to run for a period of performance of five years starting in October 2021. This position is contingent upon USAID funding and approval.
- The Chief of Party will provide overall direction, thought leadership and management to the Project.
- S/he will lead the implementation of the Activity guided by the DREAMS approach, to increase the availability, and to improve the quality of care and support services for persons living with HIV and AIDS primarily through non-governmental organization channels and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- S/he should have the leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical expertise and experience, professional reputation, management experience, interpersonal skills, and professional relationships to fulfill the diverse managerial and technical requirements of the DREAMS programme in general and specific to Zimbabwe.
- Provide overall vision and leadership for the successful implementation of the project;
- Act as liaison between the Consortium and USAID/Zimbabwe, Government of Zimbabwe stakeholders, donors, and all other relevant stakeholders and client country partners;
- Responsible for managing the implementation and monitoring of the project activities and ensuring achievement of project deliverables;
- Manage development of, and monitors, work plans and budgets; ensure appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations;
- Oversees and coordinates subcontractor deliverables in program implementation;
- Ensure appropriate program monitoring and reporting;
- Provide appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations;
- Coordinate partner efforts in program implementation as well as ensure appropriate program monitoring and reporting;
- Manage project staffing levels and supervise project staff;
- Other tasks as may be assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Master’s degree in public health or other relevant degree;
- Fifteen years of demonstrated successful leadership in managing large, complex, donor-funded programs within non-governmental organizations or private sector in a developing country context; Previous experience as COP on a USAID/ PEPFAR-funded project;
- Demonstrated leadership in fostering successful partnership approaches and relationships among a variety of organizations/institutions including government, private sector, local NGOs, and community-based organizations;
- Candidates must demonstrate recent, practical experience in managing large (at least $12 million annually) HIV/AIDS programs;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with senior level government officials, donors, and multilateral organizations;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID policies, procedures and approaches related to program design/implementation, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation;
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and ability to motivate staff to be accountable for project outcomes;
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong track record in meeting deliverables and deadlines and ability to provide oversight of financial and operational aspects of projects.
How to Apply
Applications together with Resumes not exceeding three pages in length and in reverse chronological order starting with most recent experience should be forwarded to [email protected]
Resume should include three current and relevant professional references (with name, email address and phone number). Subject of the email should clearly indicate the position being applied for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply for all positions.
Deadline: 18 May 2021 (COB)
Related Jobs (8)
Paediatric ART Medical Officer (Re -advertisement) on December 5, 2021 Contract