Chief of Party
- Post Date:March 30, 2021
- Views 349
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Health Care
Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract
Zimbabwe Health Interventions is a not-for-profit human development organisation which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
This position is contingent upon USAID funding and approval.
The Chief of Party will provide overall direction, thought leadership and management to the Project. S/he will lead the implementation of a complex program to increase the availability, and to improve the quality, of care and support services for persons living with HIV and AIDS primarily through non-governmental organization channels. S/he will have the leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical expertise and experience, professional reputation, management experience, interpersonal skills, and professional relationships to fulfill the diverse managerial and technical requirements as described in the program description.
- Provide overall vision and leadership for the successful implementation of the project;
- Act as liaison between the Care and Treatment project and USAID/Zimbabwe, Government of Zimbabwe stakeholders, donors, and all other relevant stakeholders and client country partners;
- Responsible for managing the implementation and monitoring of the Care and Treatment activities and ensuring achievement of project deliverables;
- Manage development of, and monitors, work plans and budgets;
- Ensure appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations;
- Oversees and coordinates subcontractor deliverables in program implementation; ensure appropriate program monitoring and reporting;
- Provide appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations;
- Coordinate partner efforts in program implementation as well as ensure appropriate program monitoring and reporting;
- Manage project staffing levels and supervise project staff;
- Other tasks as may be assigned.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in working with commercial and non-governmental organizations to yield results toward common goals;
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with government officials, civil society partners, donors, and donor-funded implementers;
- Familiarity with U.S. Government-funded programming, rules, and regulations such as FAR, AIDAR, and grants;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID policies, procedures and approaches related to program design/implementation, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation;
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and ability to motivate staff to be accountable for project outcomes;
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong track record in meeting deliverables and deadlines and ability to provide oversight of financial and operational aspects of projects;
- Experience interacting with government agencies, host‐country government partners and counterparts, and international donor agencies;
- Demonstrated effectiveness in developing and maintaining unbiased and professional working relationships with government officials, civil society partners, donors, and donor-funded implementers;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- MS/MA/MPH or any relevant degree, MD preferred;
- Minimum of 10 years’ of demonstrated successful leadership in managing large, complex, donor funded programs with non-governmental organization in a developing country or with international development programs and 5-7 years of supervisory experience;
- Recent, practical experience in managing large (at least $15 million annually) HIV/AIDS care and treatment program;
- Demonstrated leadership in fostering successful partnership approaches, and relationships among a variety of organizations including government, private sector, local organizations, and community based organizations;
- Familiarity with US Government funded programming, rules and regulations such as FAR, AIDAR and grants;
- Demonstrate effectiveness in developing and maintaining unbiased and professional working relationships with government officials, civil society partners, donors and donor funded implementers;
- Proven human resources management skills and demonstrated commitment to customer service;
- Multi-sectoral experience in the areas of healthcare, economic development, public health, and education;
- Knowledge of Zimbabwean health system and HIV/AIDS epidemic;
- Experience integrating gender into development programming is preferred.
- Step 1: click here to complete the job application form.
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email [email protected] to clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
Applications received outside the stated channels will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee, nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. ZHI is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical handicap, or financial ability.
Deadline: 2 April 2021