Chief Of Party
- Post Date:April 4, 2022
- Views 341
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Africaid is a local Private Voluntary organization which through its Zvandiri programme, integrates clinic, community and digital HIV services for children, adolescents and young adults. Africaid works with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) and National AIDS Council (NAC) in implementing these interventions with funding from various partners. It seeks to recruit for an anticipated USAID-funded five-year program focusing on Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC), their households, and communities in selected districts of Zimbabwe.
The Chief of Party will:
- Assume technical, financial, and administrative leadership of the anticipated OVC program, ensuring that all tasks are implemented effectively and that all deliverables are submitted on time, within budget, and in compliance with applicable United States Government (USG) regulations and Africaid’s policies;
- Identify and execute strategies to build viable relationships with key stakeholders, including USAID, the Government of Zimbabwe (GOZ), the private sector, civil society and other important actors;
- The Chief of Party will have primary responsibility for coordination of all project activities and staff.
- S/he will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the program and will serve as the principal institutional liaison to USAID.
- S/he will manage a team of senior staff and sub-partners and ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the project.
- S/he will ensure high-quality technical programming through hands-on guidance and support grounded in the program’s strategic objectives and adhering to expected technical quality and reporting requirements.
- S/he will participate in the technical and programmatic design of the award and partner programs, manage all project planning responsibilities, including the production of annual work plans; guide and oversee the alignment of the budget to expected results; and review and approve annual budgets and quarterly reports ensuring the cost-effective use of Zvandiri resources.
The Chief of Party must have:
- A Master’s degree or higher training in management, international development; international public health; economics; social sciences; or in a closely related field is required;
- Five years of experience as a Chief of Party / Director and / or Deputy Chief of Party or Deputy Director of a development program of equivalent size and scope, of which experience in Zimbabwe is preferred.
The Chief of Party must have:
- Experience in leading HIV / AIDS-related programs targeting Orphans and Vulnerable Children and PLHIV is desired;
- Experience with child welfare and protection programs; Systems strengthening; Capacity building; Service delivery; Quality improvement or policy development is desired;
- Experience interacting with developing country government; International organizations, other bilateral donors and civil society representatives and senior-level government officials;
- Five years of demonstrated experience successfully implementing international development activities;
- Five years of relevant and diverse experience managing and coordinating complex development programs, preferably in Southern Africa;
- Experience managing a USG cooperative agreement or contract, at least five years of which in senior program management including direct supervision of professional and support staff.
Please send a 2 pager CV and letter of motivation (BOTH IN WORD) to [email protected] by midday 5 April 2022
Africaid is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. AFRICAID has zero tolerance for any form of harassment and staff are expected to uphold the organizational values and core competencies especially diversity and inclusion, integrity, commitment, and respect for others as our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.