Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Post Date:September 10, 2021
- Views 243
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Manufacturing
FMCG – Manufacturing Sector
The Chief financial officer (CFO) is the senior executive responsible for managing the financial activities of our group.
The CFO will be part of the senior management team, reporting to the CEO advising on the best path of growth for the business and possessing overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of the company.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
The CFO has overall supervision of finance and accounts team and the employees and is accountable for the financial reporting, administrative, risk management, and guiding on investment strategies of the company. The CFO’s duties include tracking cash flow and financial planning as well as analysing the company’s financial strengths and weaknesses and proposing corrective actions. You are expected to consult board members about funding options required.
- The primary CFO Job description includes presenting and reporting accurate and timely financial information of the company to the board and all stakeholders. This includes working on monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting, organizational revenue/expense reporting.
- Development and monitoring of contract and organizational budgets.
- Responsible for the company’s overall financial health. Retain constant awareness of the company’s financial position and act to prevent problems.
- Determines an adequate capital structure of the company. S/he must know what should be the best debt-equity ratio mix for the company so that the company’s funds are managed in the best possible manner, considering all factors like risk, liquidity, market conditions, etc
- Participate in developing new business and assist the CEO the drafting of prospective budgets, identifying new funding opportunities, and determining the cost-effectiveness of prospective service delivery. This will include working with other key senior persons of the organization to ensure financial and operational success through cost-benefit analysis along with compliance with all related contractual and programmatic requirements.
- Training and increasing awareness and knowledge related to financial management matters across the organization.
- Work with the Board/CEO on the long-term strategic vision of the company which includes fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships across various levels as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts.
- Develop and the ongoing monitoring and development of internal control systems designed to report accurate financial results and preserve company assets. Ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations
- Attend Board and sub-committee meetings on a regular basis and provide useful/necessary financial inputs on various parameters.
- Monitor banking activities of the organization.
- Ensure adequate cash flow is in place to meet the organization’s needs.
- Adhere to the law and company’s policies – need to identify, assess, and respond to ongoing and emerging risks to the organization but they need to ensure compliance with a growing number of regulations and laws.
- Overall supervision of finance and accounts team.
- A Chartered Accountant qualification
- 10+ years of experience in FMCG in a similar position.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles (IFRIS), with excellent knowledge of corporate financial laws and best practices
- The CFO needs to have broad technical knowledge. Along with financial management and reporting, should have hands-on experience with credit control, risk management, investment, and cash flow forecasting.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g., SAP)
- Experience in corporate governance and good negotiable skills
- Experience in partnering with an executive team, and reporting to a board of directors.
The remuneration package is negotiable.
Email CV in word format to Colin Roberts at: c[email protected] – please also provide details of current salary and benefits for review.
Related Jobs (21)
Consultant Health Economist (Grade N0B) – (2105293) on October 25, 2021 Consultancy
Head, Sales and Coverage (Manufacturing Portfolio) on October 23, 2021 Full Time