Chief Executive Officer
- Post Date:February 14, 2021
- Views 333
- Career Level OfficerQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
The Procurement Regulatory Authority of Zimbabwe (PRAZ) has retained the services of Headhunters International to short-list suitable candidates to fill the position of Chief
Executive Officer. The Suitable incumbent must facilitate the attainment of the following functions of PRAZ as stipulated in PPDPA Act [Chapter 22.23]:
- Public procurement is effected in a manner that is transparent, fair, honest, cost-effective, competitive and in compliance with the Act.
- Monitor and supervise procuring entities and the public procurement system in order to secure compliance with the Act, and to implement electronic means of monitoring and supervising procuring entities and the public procurement system.
- Issue technical guidelines and instructions regarding the interpretation and implementation of the Act.
- Prepare standard documents and templates to be used in connection with public procurement and to enable procuring entities to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Develop the use of electronic tools for procurement, including a public procurement website and statistical databases containing information on public.
- Procurement in Zimbabwe, and specify the conditions under which such databases will be availed to the public.
- Publication on the website of documents that are required to be published by procuring entities.
- Give advice and assistance to procuring entities.
- Promote the training and professional development of persons engaged in public procurement so as to ensure their adherence to high ethical standards.
- Develop and implement a transparent and equitable framework for the registration of bidders or contractors.
- Develop and advise the Board on ways in which the environmental, social and economic policies of Zimbabwe, including those designed for economic empowerment and domestic preferences, may be implemented through public procurement.
- Refer contraventions of this Act to appropriate enforcement or disciplinary authorities.
- Establish and implement an independent review mechanism to deal with challenges brought by aggrieved bidders.
- Consult regularly with persons in the public and private sectors who have an Interest in the public procurement system, in order to assess their perception of the system.
- Recommend amendments to the law regarding public procurement, in the light of international practices and experience.
Position Content Summary
The Suitable candidate in fulfilling the above mandate must demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
- Implements the vision and strategic direction of the organisation in line with the overarching Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act of Zimbabwe.
- Reports on progress and performance to the Board.
- Ensures proper management and optimal utilization of both financial and non-financial resources.
- Delegates appropriate responsibility to departments whilst retaining overall accountability for the delivery of quality services.
- Ensures suitability of manpower, technology and financial resources.
- Advises the board on any technical or operational issues.
- Ensures that there are appropriate control systems and operating mechanisms in place to promote effective and efficient delivery of internal and external services.
- Monitors and evaluate performance of staff.
- Ensures that the strategy is well communicated and cascaded to all levels within the organisation.
- Ensures the validation of all action plans and performance contracts to achieve enterprise-wide alignment.
- Enters into contractual agreements with individuals or groups of persons on behalf of the Authority upon approval by the Board.
- Ensures that the Board resolutions are executed by management and reports back to the Board on actions taken.
- Responds to queries and requests for clarifications by any Board Committee.
- Prepares and submits the annual budgets of the Authority to the Board for approval.
- Represents the organisation on both national and international fora.
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Master’s Degree in Procurement, Law and/ or Administration from a recognized Tertiary Institution.
- PHD will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of ten (10) years post qualification experience.
- Five (5) years of which must be in a Senior Management position in a reputable institution
- Team leadership
- Good at relationship building
- Conceptual thinking ability
- Achievement oriented
- Strong decision making abilities
- Technical competencies
- Honest and integrity
Deadline for application is 19 February 2021 (Late submissions shall not be considered)
Website: www.headhunters.co.zw / Telephone: +263- 4- 252551-4
Eastgate Shopping Mall,