Chief Executive Officer
- Post Date:March 22, 2022
- Views 721
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
The Zimbabwe Investment & Development Agency (ZIDA) was created through an Act of Parliament in 2019. ZIDA is Zimbabwe’s investment promotion agency, which covers general investments, state-level public private partnerships and has the authority to designate special economic zones. The Agency is led by a Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CEO reports to the Office of the President and works with an Advisory Board in line with the ZIDA Act.
ROLE OF THE ZIMBABWE INVESTMENT & DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
ZIDA performs the following key functions:-
- Creation and promotion of a conducive environment that attracts the inflow of foreign direct investment capital into Zimbabwe as well as mobilise local investment;
- Facilitation of the ease of doing business through policy analysis and recommendation of business-friendly regulations;
- Making recommendations on relevant and attractive general and sector specific incentives to government on behalf of investors to make Zimbabwe an investor-destination of choice;
- Coordination of timely analysis and clearance of investment projects;
- Provision of a single interface for investors through the One Stop Investments Services Centre (OSISC), thereby eliminating delays in licensing and ensuring superior client service;
- Promotion of investment growth through the creation of Special Economic Zones and Public Private Partnerships;
- Coordination of investment projects, taking advantage of national synergies and economies of scale where applicable;
- Provision of quality aftercare services that retain and grow investments.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CEO:-
- Leading in the development and implementation of the Agency’s Annual Strategic plan;
- Promoting, planning and implementing investment promotion strategies designed to attract domestic and foreign investment;
- Promoting the decentralisation of investment programs in line with Zimbabwe’s natural endowments and the national devolution objectives;
- Facilitating the licensing and implementation of investment projects, appraising and recommending approval of Public Private Partnerships(PPPs) and Special Economic Zones (SEZs);
- Providing timely and effective investor aftercare services and support;
- Ability to work with Government and other stakeholders towards making Zimbabwe an investment destination of choice;
- Facilitating economic dialogue and other consultations between public and private sectors in order to create an environment conducive for domestic and foreign investment;
- Providing a monitoring framework for all registered investments, maintaining all records and documentation pertaining to licensed investors using relevant ICT methods;
- Coordinating the secretarial function of the Advisory Board and incorporating recommendations and submissions of the Advisory Board into the ZIDA strategy in line with the ZIDA Act.
- Advising His Excellency, the President on all matters relating to investment and economic development in Zimbabwe; and
- Promoting local and foreign direct investment in Provinces and Local Authorities.
KEY ATTRIBUTES OF THE CEO:-
- Must be a deal maker with experience in large scale project finance, mergers and acquisitions and proficiency in assessing and monitoring general investment viability.
- Must bring a meaningful level of regional and international networks and contacts.
- Be conversant and abreast with geopolitics and its impact on trade and investment;
- Demonstrated ability in working with Development Partners, International Financial Institutions and Multilateral Agencies;
- An in-depth understanding of global economics, industry and sector trade dynamics with full appreciation of relevant trends;
- Expertise in promoting stakeholder relationship management and resource mobilization;
- Must have excellent communication and negotiation skills; and
- Must be a dynamic leader able to achieve results in a rapidly changing environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Postgraduate degree qualifications in one or more of the following: Economics, Development Finance; Investment and Capital Mobilisation; International Trade and Strategy;
- At least 5 years’ experience at CEO level in economic and industrial management, including global and multinational corporations or international development;
- An understanding of how Government works and ZIDA’s role in the national development process;
- An ability to lead, motivate and grow a high-performance team that can deliver tangible results and optimise resources and talent.
- Proven passion for nation building through investments; and
- Must be a Zimbabwean citizen with local or diaspora public/private sector experience.
Should you wish to be considered for this position, please submit your application and curriculum vitae to [email protected].
Closing Date: 24 March 2022