Chief Executive Officer
- Post Date:March 2, 2022
- Views 543
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 15+ Years
- Industry Banking
Our client, POSB is Zimbabwe’s only 100 percent home grown savings bank that has served the nation by providing quality, affordable and accessible banking services for over 115 years. The Bank, formerly the Post Office Savings Bank, was established in December 1904 as a Statutory Fund to mobilise savings for national development and in 2001, the People’s Own Savings Bank of Zimbabwe Act (Chapter 24:22) was promulgated. This Act effectively established POSB as a Corporate Body,
We have been exclusively engaged by the client to assist with the recruitment and selection of a dynamic professional with the ability to drive business performance to fill the critical and strategic role of Chief Executive Officer. Reporting directly to the Board of Directors the incumbent will be responsible for the overall strategic and operational performance of the Bank and the achievement of the Bank’s growth and profitability agenda, as well as ensuring that the Bank is run on sound commercial and professional principles and that it meets its current and future business objectives.
Key Job Functions:
- To ensure that the Bank’s business plans, commercial operations and strategies are developed, reviewed, agreed upon and implemented to meet the goals set for growth and profitability.
- Develop for the Board’s approval, POSB’s strategic direction and position to ensure POSB’s profitable growth and success.
- Provide guidance in the formulation of the Bank’s strategic plan and drive the overall strategic direction of the Bank.
- Monitor the external environment, regulatory condition, read the market, anticipate change and alert the Board to these and assess the likely impact of change to the business.
- Ensure that opportunities for business development are identified and recommendations made to the Board of Directors as appropriate.
- Review and take remedial action where necessary of all business units for sustainable profitable performance.
- To create conditions and processes to support and sustain change through balancing people, financial resources, technology and operations.
- Establish an efficient and timely performance measurement and reporting system.
- Ensure a strong risk and governance framework is embedded across the Bank .
- Provide leadership for the management of business complexities, being sensitive to operational, stakeholders, political, socio-economic and public policy issues.
- Promote and conduct the affairs of the Bank with the highest standards of integrity, probity and corporate governance.
- Identify the required culture and put processes to manage the changes.
- Ensure that key positions in the organisation are staffed with the calibre of people who are motivated to meet ongoing challenges.
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships with key stakeholders locally, regionally, and internationally.
Requirements of the Job:
The successful candidate for this Executive position should meet the following criteria:
- Must have a relevant Business Degree and a post graduate qualification e.g. MBA/MBL.
- At least 15 years experience of which 8 should be at Executive Management level in a medium to large operation within the Financial Services or related sector.
- Must possess the ability to anticipate trends , capitalise on new opportunities as they arise and think strategically.
- A strong understanding of Corporate Governance standards
- Strong leadership skills, excellent verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrable ability to develop long term strategic relationships with key stakeholders.
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Must be business minded, strategic thinker whose integrity is beyond reproach
Confidential enquiries may be directed to our Managing Consultant Emmanuel Jinda on +263 773 004 143, 712 605 025 or +263 (242) 772 778/ 770 035 or to Calistas Bumhira on +263 773 280 689
Fidelity Life Tower,
Closing Date for Applications is 17 March 2022