- Post Date:May 20, 2021
- Views 261
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Business
The Infrastructure Development Bank of Zimbabwe (“IDBZ/the Bank”) is a national Development Finance Institution (DFI) that promotes infrastructure development in various sectors including Energy, Transport, Water & Sanitation, Housing, Irrigation infrastructure, ICT, Health, Tourism and Education. These are key enablers to inclusive socio-economic development and growth. The Bank also supports private sector enterprises, focusing on the infrastructure value chain, agri-businesses, mining and export-oriented businesses.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
The incumbent will head the Bank’s Economics, Strategy and Performance Monitoring Unit. The Chief Economist shall provide economic intelligence and strategic planning information both of a qualitative and quantitative nature to the Bank
- Strategy implementation and update
- Analyses fiscal, monetary and sectoral policies plus regulatory pronouncements in areas relevant to infrastructure
- Produces weekly economic bulletins
- Produces monthly infrastructure bulletins
- Generates sectoral research reports e.g. Energy, Transport, Water & Sanitation, ICT and Housing sectors
- Analyses opportunities, challenges and implications for the Bank
- Develops survey tools appropriate to the Bank’s needs
- Conducts periodic customer & key stakeholder satisfaction surveys for the Bank
- Conducts competitor analysis research
- Conducts case study analyses for benchmarks with Bank projects
- Performs economic analysis appraisal on projects considered by the Bank
- Analyses the development impact of projects being funded by the Bank
- Generates post implementation review and reporting for projects (for mandate alignment)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
This is a senior position and requires the following attributes:
- Post-graduate qualification, preferably a Ph.D., in Economics.
- At least ten (10) years of relevant experience.
- Experience working in a development finance institution will be an added advantage.
- Ability to engage with a wide range of Stakeholders in private, public and academia.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to work with diverse teams.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
Interested applicants should submit their applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae by no later than 16:00 hours Friday, 28 May 2021. The Bank intends for the successful candidates to report for duty on the 1st of July 2021.
For the above position, highly competitive packages are offered, details of which would be disclosed to the shortlisted candidates.
To be considered, interested candidates are requested to forward their applications to:
The Director Corporate Services and Human Resources Department
99 Rotten Row
Or email [email protected]