Chief Director - Gender Policy Planning & Programme Management
- Post Date:May 6, 2021
- Views 549
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
The Public Service Commission is inviting applications to fill the vacant posts of 1x Chief Director – Gender Policy Planning & Programme Management in the Ministry of Women Affairs, Community, Small and Medium Enterprises Development as detailed below:
JOB TITLE : CHIEF DIRECTOR – GENDER POLICY PLANNING & PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT
GRADE : F2
REPORTS TO : PERMANENT SECRETARY MINISTRY : WOMEN AFFAIRS, COMMUNITY, SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES DEVELOPMENT
DEPARTMENT : GENDER POLICY PLANNING AND PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT
STATION : HEAD OFFICE
Over the years, the Government of Zimbabwe has prioritized gender equality in order to enhance women and youth participation in the development process, in line with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goal 5 which seeks to “Achieve Gender Equality and Empower all Women and Girls”. The Public Service Commission will, therefore continue to enhance gender mainstreaming in the Public Service in order to eliminate all negative economic, social and cultural practices that impede equality of sexes. Furthermore, financial inclusion of women and youths is also envisaged to reduce poverty, consistent with Zimbabwe’s obligations under the SDGs. It is also imperative to recognise that those born with impairments also need empowerment for them to realise their potential towards contributing to overall economic development. This will further foster integration of gender mainstreaming across all sectors, cognisant of Gender Equality as fundamental to achieving equitable, sustainable and inclusive socio-economic development.
Key milestones and deliverables will relate to following areas:
- Further mainstreaming of gender sensitive policies and legislations.
- Integrating gender issues into national and sectoral economic policies, national budget policies, all Circulars and Guidelines.
- Programming and budgeting which involves identification of gender issues, interventions, budget costing, and setting of performance benchmarks.
- Prioritisation of resource allocation, disbursement and implementation of national and sectoral gender plans and programmes.
- Implementation of gender sensitive programmes and projects, targeting women and the youths.
- Monitoring and Evaluation, which involves tracking performance, and feedback for policy review.
The Chief Director Gender Policy Planning and Programme Management post will be strategic in coming up with and advocating for national policies, programmes and strategies to empower women so that they can meaningfully contribute to the economic development of the nation. This is a Senior Management position reporting to the Permanent Secretary and will be responsible for overseeing the following key national functional areas: –
- Planning, implementing and evaluating empowerment programmes and projects for women.
- Implementation of gender mainstreaming and social inclusivity issues
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Spearhead the formulation, implementation and evaluation of policies, strategies and programmes that promote women empowermentand gender equity issues at national level and ensure that they are in sync with the Ministry’s Strategic Plan and National Development Goals and aspirations.
- Provide technical expertise / advice on capacity building, knowledge building and management of gender mainstreaming, women empowerment and programme management issues to the Permanent Secretary.
- Oversee the development, implementation and institutionalization of aligned and integrated gender mainstreaming programmes that promote women and gender equity at national level.
- Foster gender sensitive programming across all the sectors of the economy guided by research and development in collaboration with other Line Ministries, State Entities, Private Sector and Development partners.
- Preside over the formulation of policies that address gender inequalities through the promotion of equal and equitable access, control and ownership of national resources.
- Superintend over the development of inclusive budgets and funding strategies for the design and implementation of programmes and Projectsfor gender mainstreaming and women empowerment initiatives.
- Facilitate liaison, cooperation and coordination with all relevant Government Line Ministries, Departments, Parastatals, business community, civil society, development partners and the regional and international community to develop and implement gender sensitive legal framework which results in the prevention/eradication of gender based violence at all levels of the society.
- Spearhead research work on gender mainstreaming best practices and provide gender sensitive information and sex disaggregated data for use in planning and project implementation at all levels and in all sectors of the economy.
- Advocate for equal opportunities for women in politics and decision-making positions in all areas at all levels in the community.
- Ensure competent representation and articulation of the country’s interests in regional and international fora on gender mainstreaming and women empowerment and the domestication of such conventions that promote gender equality and equity.
- Provide oversight over the Women’s Development Fund, Gender Commission, the Zimbabwe Women’s Microfinance Bank and other State Entities in the gender and women empowerment sector in alignment of their strategic purpose with the national development policies (e.g National Development Strategy 1 (NDS1) and Vision 2030).
- Ensure the development of gender mainstreaming, policy planning and women empowerment initiatives through the analysis and synthesis of data, information, results and knowledge into programme, project and investment ideas, papers, lessons, guidelines, methodologies, models, training, and other new initiatives and codified knowledge products.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- At least a Master’s degree in Sociology, Development Studies, or any related field with a gender studies bias or equivalent.
- At least two years in the Director or equivalent grade.
- At least ten (10) years relevant experience in gender mainstreaming, women empowerment and programme management.
- Extensive planning, organisation, analytical, and project management abilities.
- Extensive experience in evidence-based gender related policy development or project management.
- Must be fully conversant with gender mainstreaming and programming regulations and have a clear road map for progress in those areas in line with the requirements of NDS 1.
- A thorough understanding of National Development policies, priorities and goals on gender mainstreaming and women empowerment.
- A good understating of Ministerial functions and Government operations.
- A high-level understanding of the Public Service Regulations.
- Well-developed communication, management, supervisory, team building and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to use information technology communication in gender policy planning and programme management operations.
Candidates, [especially women], with relevant long-term experience at senior levels in the private sector or in the non-state enterprises domain within and outside Zimbabwe are encouraged to apply.
Application letters, including detailed CVs and copies of certificates should reach the Public Service Commission by 13 May 2021 and should be addressed to:
Public Service Commission
6th Floor, Social Security Centre
Corner Sam Nujoma Street/Julius Nyerere Way
Related Jobs (39)
Evaluation of the Education Out Loud Funded Project on September 28, 2021 Consultancy
Our Rights, Our Lives, Our future Plus (O3Plus) Programme Assistant on September 28, 2021 Contract
Internal Savings and Lending Schemes (ISALs) Consultant on September 28, 2021 Consultancy