Chief Director: Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Science & Pharmaceutical/Biopharmaceutical Production (Re-advertisement)
- Post Date:March 15, 2022
- Views 742
- Career Level DirectorQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the post of Chief Director: Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Science & Pharmaceutical/Biopharmaceutical Production which has fallen vacant within the Ministry of Heath & Child Care.
REPORTS TO: Secretary for Health & Child Care
STATION: Ministry of Health and Child Care-Head Office
To develop and manage the production of medical devices, biopharmaceutical and other medical accessories in close liaison with industry, University hubs and other manufacturing business.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Provide policy and strategy for innovation in the production of Pharmaceuticals/Biopharmaceutical.
- Oversee the production of medical devices and other accessories.
- Liaises closely with the local Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutcal production industry.
- Lead in designing. building, operating of Bio-manufacturing and production facilities,
- Lead in designing of systems and models to produce medical devices, biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical products.
- Liaises closely with Technical Universities and Colleges’ Innovation Hubs
- Provide technical guidance and oversight of the Biomedical and Laboratory research departments.
- Provide technical support for the safety, efficiency and effectiveness of all manufacturing equipment/plant.
- Prepare balls of quantity for Toll manufacturing of biopharmaceutical products.
- Manage and facilitate the training of clinicians and other personnel on the proper use of equipment.
- Prepare report on aggregate outputs from manufacturers of biomedical devices and biomedical products.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelors Degree in Biomedical Engineering/Biomedical Sciences/Bio-Pharmaceuticals/Pharmaceutical Sciences & Drug Discovery/ Honours in Pharmaceuticals Sciences or ts equivalency.
- Masters in Bio-Medical Engineering, Biopharmaceuticals, Medical Engineering and Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences/Ethno Pharmaceutical or its equivalency a must
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in production management a must
Prospective candidates will be subjected to mandatory psychometric tests.
Candidates who meet the requirements of the post s are invited to submit their applications accompanied by CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 17 June 2022 to:
The Executive Director
Health Service Board
Old Parirenyatwa Hospital
P. Bag A6104
E-Mail: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.