- Post Date:November 16, 2021
- Views 413
- Qualification DegreeExperience 3-5 YearsIndustry Health Care
National Pharmaceutical Company is a Government owned company that procures, warehouses and distributes medicines and medical supplies to health institutions nationwide. A vacancy of CHIEF BUYER has arisen within the Company. The company is inviting applications from suitably qualified, self-motivated, honest and experienced individuals who are committed to contributing to an efficient and effective health delivery system in Zimbabwe.
DUTY STATION: HARARE
The Chief Buyer reports to the Procurement Manager and will be responsible for the following among other duties:
- Procurement planning and review
- Review bidding and evaluation approach
- Produce procurement reports and statutory returns
- Supervise, monitor and review procurement registers and trackers
- Ensure a consistent and standardised approach and drive improvements and efficiencies in procurement activities.
- Identify and manage commercial, contractual, operational, financial, reputational, ethical and supply chain risks.
- Conduct regular market intelligence to establish new products or services on the market that can help the organisation.
- Ensure that all procurement related processes are carried out in total compliance with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act [Chapter 22:23] and other defined guidelines/frameworks as may be stipulated by other funding agencies and Government.
- Implement robust and secure document management systems to ensure record adequacy for audit and other key stakeholders.
- Support audits required by relevant parties and act promptly on any audit findings.
- Oversee contract development and administration.
- Formulate the procurement budget and its evaluation.
- Supervise and appraise Procurement Officers.
Qualifications and Key Competences
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management.
- Membership in any professional Supply Chain board is an added advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of pharmaceuticals supply chain is a distinct advantage.
- Proven experience managing supply chain operations of not less than 2 years.
- Experience using Navision ERP software is an added advantage.
- Appreciation of procurement analytics a distinct advantage
- Thorough knowledge of public sector procurement.
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Management and leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Highly organized, analytical and detail-oriented.
- Extensive and intensive knowledge of local, regional and intemational markets and the respective pricing models.
- Impeccable integrity.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 18 November 2021.
Applicants must clearly indicate the position being applied for.
NatPharm is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their applications together with their CVs to:
The Acting Managing Director
NatPharm Head Office
14 Lobengula Road
P O Box ST23
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.