- Post Date:June 8, 2021
- Views 295
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
A religious institution with responsibility for Institutions in the Education, Mission work, Charity, and hospitals is looking to hire a Chief Accountant based at its regional office in Harare.
The role: Chief Accountant ~ middle-level management
This opening is an exciting opportunity for a Chief Accountant (CA). The CA is responsible for oversight of the institution’s accountants, financial reporting, managing risk-on assets, tax planning, budgetary control, and reviewing the financial reports. The CA ensures that the regional office and the institutions are efficient, financially healthy, compliant.
The key responsibilities
- Lead financial teams within the units to ensure timely financial reporting and submission of monthly management accounts to the regional office.
- Support value preservation with the institutions
- Ensure policies and manuals remain current and relevant to mitigate exposure
- Lead the finance team and support skills development
- Coordinating audits, planning, preparation, and finalization for all institutions
- Maintain asset registers and manage risk on assets e.g Cash, Inventories
- Ensure adequacy of disaster recovery plans and integrity of information
- Ensure timely submission of statutory returns from regulatory bodies such as Zimra.
- Maintain regional office ledger and financial reports.
The person required:
- A qualified and articled Accountant who is a member in good standing of a reputable professional body.
- An Undergraduate degree in Accounting
- At least 3 years of experience in a related role, preferably within the education or medical or charity sector.
- Ability to lead and create an inclusive, empowering culture where the team can thrive.
- A self-driven individual who can work with very minimal or no supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with Pastel and Excel
Interested persons should email CV and cover letter to [email protected] no later than 11 June 2021