- Post Date:September 20, 2021
- Views 318
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the below mentioned senior position: CHIEF ACCOUNTANT (GRADE 14)
This is a senior position in management level and the incumbent will be reporting to the Director of Finance. A mature self-driven and highly motivated individual is needed for this post.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Director of Finance in the general management of the department.
- Implementation of accounting and related policies and informing the review of the same policies.
- Shall handle tax issues for Council.
- Supervision of activities across the department.
- Produce periodic management accounts for committee meetings.
- Production of final accounts and consolidation with Council’s strategic business units accounts.
- Prepare Audit files and underlying supporting documents.
- Ensure complete and full reconciliation of all Council’s reconciliation ledgers items.
- Budget tracking to ensure payments and procurement compliance.
- Supervision of maintenance activities and asset register.
- Responsible for expenditure administration.
- Supervision of bank reconciliation statements.
- Preparation of monthly management reports.
- Supervision of draft expenditure budgets.
- Preparation of draft final accounts.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- An Accounting Degree or Finance Degree from a recognised University.
- A Post Graduate Degree will also an added advantage
- At least two (2) years post qualification experience in senior management in an Accounting position.
- Exposure to Local Authorities accounting systems.
- Must be able to produce reliable periodic management accounts reports.
- Must have traceable proof of having produced final accounts for at least two years.
- Must be able to do financial investment appraisal for proposed projects.
In return, Council offers a competitive salary with other benefits which will be disclosed at the interview to the shortlisted candidates.
Applications together with a detailed CV, present salary, certified copies of professional certificates and contact numbers should be sent in confidence marked “Chief Accountant “ to the undersigned not later than 02 October 2021.
Mr. N.GOMBA – ACTING TOWN CLERK
PO BOX 100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.