Chemist x 2
- Post Date:September 17, 2021
- Views 276
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
City of Harare is inviting suitable applicants for vacant positions that have arisen in its various Departments.
POSITION : CHEMIST (4-1) (2 POSITIONS)
GRADE : 8
REPORTING TO : PRINCIPAL CHEMIST
LOCATION : CLEVELAND HOUSE
DEPARTMENT : HARARE WATER
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill in the above mentioned vacancies in the Quality Assurance division of Harare Water Department.
Responsible for the monitoring and supervising operations at the water treatment works relating to water quality and process control including control of water treatment chemicals.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Analysis of water, wastewater and trade effluent in line with established protocols/procedures
- Checks quality of treatment chemicals delivered to the works and notifies immediate superiors of any anomalies if any observed.
- Canes out investigative tests whenever required.
- Prepares and standardises all stock analytical reagents required in the laboratory and calibration of equipment.
- Implementation of ISO/IEC 17025 Quality Management System.
- Supervision and performance management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Chemistry degree or equivalent
- At least two (2) years’ experience in the analysis of portable water and wastewater.
- Local government experience is an added advantage
- A clean class 4 Drivers licence.
- Good analytical skills
- Good communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
A competitive salary commensurate with the post and other benefits will be disclosed to successful candidates.
NB: City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer. Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Written applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae including certified copies of relevant certificates should be clearly marked, on the envelope, the position being applied for submitted to:
The Acting Human Capital Director
P.O. Box 1680
Rowan Martin Building
OR hand delivered to:
Records Office.Basement, Room B32, Rowan Martin Building, Harare
To arrive not later than 22nd September 2021
CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY APPLICANTS
City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer
Related Jobs (23)
Strategic Information Evaluation and Learning Director on October 14, 2021 Contract