- Post Date:May 19, 2021
- Views 762
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
Responsible for planning, purchasing, budgeting, recording, preparing meals for patients, a daily menu that includes options for special dietary restrictions. Ensuring the kitchen runs efficiently.
Main duties and responsibilities
- The hygienic handling and the safe preparation of food products;
- Preparation of patient, staff and caregiver’s meals;
- Ensure all food is presented for service in a timely manner and in correct sequence;
- Ensuring the observance and compliance of Health and Safety regulations and best working practice;
- Costing, budgeting and storing food appropriately;
- The Chef is responsible for working within budgetary guidelines;
- Cleans food preparation areas as determined by law and company policy;
- Prepares foods to the specifications of the patient’s diet;
- Supervising Kitchen staff; Maintaining and updating records and accounts of stock.
Skills and experience
- Degree in Tourism and Hospitality/ Equivalent;
- At least 2 years experience in hospital setup/ Tourism and Hospitality;
- Experience in catering for large numbers;
- Ability to work well on your own initiative;
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
Please send your CV clearly marked with your position and name to: [email protected]
Deadline: 28 May 2021