CHAPAS4 Project Manager (Part-time)
- Post Date:May 13, 2021
- Views 410
- Career Level ManagerQualification DiplomaExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Contract Duration: 1 year
The CHAPAS-4 programme is a collaborative research project between partners in Uganda, Zimbabwe, Zambia, South Africa, the Netherlands and the UK. The CCRC is the coordinating centre with overall responsibility for project governance, financial management, work-package oversight and coordination of activities across all the partners. The Project Manager will report to the CHAPAS4 Project Coordinator under overall supervision by the Director of CCRC.
This position requires a mature, highly motivated individual with a broad range of competencies and leadership skills. These should include initiative, excellent communication skills, good time management practice, ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision, ability to multi-task and ability to work with a broad range of research departments and foreign organizations and sites including sponsors, funders and collaborators.
This Job Description is not exhaustive; additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned by the CHAPAS4 Coordinator or CCRC Director who is the overall Supervisor. The Project Manager’s responsibilities and duties are specific to the CHAPAS-4 project but s/he may be directed to perform duties that relate to CCRC:
- To implement all coordinating activities and specific responsibilities which will ensure that the CHAPAS4 research project is implemented according to sound scientific and financial standards;
- To maintain an up-to-date list of all individuals working on the project across all sites;
- To receive, distribute and discuss with all partners project-related activities and materials that include but not limited to trainings, protocol amendments, meetings, conference calls and community events;
- To organize project meetings (planning, preparation, logistics, minutes, etc) and to ensure that decisions and action items agreed on at the meetings are followed through;
- Ensure that project monitoring and evaluation including report writing is undertaken annually This should highlight performance and quality indicators;
- Financial management – Solicit financial reports from all CHAPAS4 partners, consolidate and match expenses against budgetary allocations for onward reporting to EDCTP. To ensure that site expenditure and financial reporting are as per EDCTP Horizon 2020 Financial Guidelines and Policies;
- Receive, consolidate and submit to the funder annual technical reports from all the partners, ensuring that these are submitted as per the Grant Agreement and timelines.
- Maintain all records from all partners including regulatory documents relevant to the implementation of the project especially trial approval records;
- Develop and keep an up-to-date Project Management Plan and Risk Register for the CHAPAS4 project;
- Ensure that all partners comply with the CHAPAS4 Grant Agreement guidelines;
- The CCRC Director and CHAPAS4 Coordinator may assign duties and responsibilities unrelated to CHAPAS4 to ensure harmony and efficiency at the CCRC.
Qualifications and Attributes
- Degree or Diploma in Health Sciences;
- Diploma or better in Project Management;
- Proven record of good financial management and reporting experience;
- Knowledge of protocol adherence and GCP;
- 5 years’ experience working in clinical research;
- Possesses strong analytical skills;
- Good organizational skills and accurate reporting of data;
- Ability to conduct trainings;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team work.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to e-mail applications including detailed curriculum vitae with contactable references and certified copies of academic, identity cards, professional licences, and professional qualifications to: [email protected]
NB -Only shortlisted candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted for interviews.
Deadline: 17 May 2021
Related Jobs (8)
Technical Field Officer – Health and Nutrition (10) on September 21, 2021 Contract
Ultra-Med Health Medical Aid Society has various vacancies available on September 20, 2021 Contract Full Time