Casual Social Worker
- Post Date:May 19, 2021
- Views 526
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Reporting to: District Programs Coordinator
Type of Contract : Locum/Casual
Location: Chitungwiza, Bulawayo and Matabeleland South
The Organization for Public Health Interventions and Development (OPHID) PVO 31/16 develops and implements innovative approaches and strategies to strengthen HIV Care and Treatment services in Zimbabwe, by providing enhanced access for communities to comprehensive HIV prevention, care, and treatment. OPHID, works with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) in implementing these interventions. OPHID is looking for suitably qualified and motivated individuals to fill the following post:
The social worker is responsible for strengthening the HIV Sensitive Case Management through providing HIV related health education, strengthening referral Pathways, basic counselling to offer psychosocial support, and improving community facility linkages. The cadre will be responsible for counselling clients on adherence to treatment including adherence clubs in clinics and communities. The program will focus on strengthening “referral pathways” at local level and specialists (Social workers) will be supported to conduct outreach services to key sites with cases.
- Provide onsite (facility and community) follow-up counselling and HIV prevention and treatment education to ‘at risk’ and vulnerable households;
- Monitor and check minimum standard of index case testing in community, including review of IPV screening and referrals;
- Build capacity of health care workers and to offer quality Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) care services;
- Participate in district case review meetings to strengthen GBV/IPV and mental health referral pathways;
- Strengthen capacity of community cadres (COAC, COA, CCWs) to support and mentor community-based adherence counselling and psychosocial support for ART adherence through training and onsite observation and review of DSD models (CARGs, FARGs, OFCAD);
- Participate in multidisciplinary team of health workers to support facilities with clients with unsuppressed viral load or advanced HIV disease or mental health referrals;
- Build capacity of HCWs to offer quality counselling and psychosocial support to clients seeking PrEP., OI/ART, TB, Cervical Cancer clients
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or higher;
- Registered with the Council for Social Workers in Zimbabwe with at least 3 years’ experience in child protection and counselling;
- Willing to work while on leave on a locum basis;
- Proven understanding of quality adolescent sexual and reproductive health services and links between HIV/TB and Child Protection;
- Experience with community-based models is an advantage;
- Demonstrated understanding of the Health System and Child Protection System in Zimbabwe and proven coordination skills at district level;
- Candidate should be highly productive with minimal supervision;
- Computer literate (Microsoft word, PowerPoint and excel);
- Ability to work in a remote community;
- Good communication skills, a team player and be flexible to work weekends, after hours and to be on call in emergencies.
- Step 1: Complete the Application Form here
- Step 2: Submit your cv and application letter via email to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
OPHID does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, technical test, oral interviews, processing, training, or any other fees).
While OPHID may from time to time engage external consultants for the facilitation of the recruitment process, only OPHID has the right to offer employment to candidates. No third parties have been authorised to offer employment on behalf of OPHID.
Deadline: 31 May 2021
Related Jobs (9)
Assistant Social Services and Recreation Officer on August 3, 2021
Executive Officer Human Resources and Administration (Grade 10) on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Citizen Engagement and Partnerships (CEP) Specialist on August 3, 2021 Contract
Monitoring, Evaluation, Results and Learning (MERL) Officer on August 2, 2021 Contract