Casual IT Officers - Central Office
- Post Date:December 13, 2021
- Views 402
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry ICT
The Information Technology Officer is responsible and accountable for all aspects of the organizational IT provisioning, in particular the maintenance and optimization of the IT network and other ICT platforms. The IT Officer should assist with the implementation of the OPHID IT policy to ensure the provision of reliable and uninterrupted information systems, the integrity and validity of data contained in information systems, the ability to recover effectively and efficiently from disruption to information systems and the protection of OPHID IT assets including information, software and hardware.
- Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Install and maintain operating systems, database and applications
- Create and maintain application databases on SQL Server and Oracle
- Install and configure wireless networking equipment
- Install, configure, upgrade hardware and software for all OPHID computers, laptops and peripheral equipment
- Provided consultation to clients on applications, hardware troubleshooting, software and networking issues
- Set up and maintain LAN and wireless routers systems for clients
- Administer network and data security, including directory, group policy, firewalls, antivirus, email security, etc.
- Provide platforms and specialized applications program software to create, analyse, report, convert, or transfer data
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Support applications such as MS Exchange, Office Suite and data mining (SPSS,OBIEE,STATA)
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes of planning, organizing, and scheduling work
- Perform hardware and systems preventive and corrective maintenance
- Patch and update operating system, database and application platform
- Writes system user manual and documentations
- Identify training needs of system users
- Provide training to new employees and other training sessions as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required
- Industry Certifications and memberships is a distinct advantage
- At least 3 years working experience
- Expert in antivirus, firewall and anti-malware software’s regulation
- Skilled in inter and intra-systems collective network maintenance
- Expert in operational acceptance testing with new systems
- Ability to maintain server infrastructure
- Exceptionally skilled in software related troubleshooting
- Excellent IT, communication, leadership and management skills
- Ability to fill multiple roles simultaneously
- Proven track record of maintaining IT structural integrity
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
- Malware detection and deletion
- MS Server infrastructure
- Step 1: Click Here and Complete the Application Form.
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
OPHID does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, technical test, oral interviews, processing, training, or any other fees).
While OPHID may from time to time engage external consultants for the facilitation of the recruitment process, only OPHID has the right to offer employment to candidates. No third parties have been authorised to offer employment on behalf of OPHID.
Deadline: 1600 hours, 17 December 2021