- Post Date:December 15, 2021
- Views 366
- Career Level DriverQualification CertificateExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Bantwana Zimbabwe has been implementing the Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored and Safe Women (DREAMS) program in four high HIV burden districts of Bubi, Lupane, Nkayi and Tsholotsho since October 2020. The program is funded by Centre for Disease Control (CDC) through ZimTTECH. The DREAMS program aims to reduce new HIV infections amongst adolescent girls and young women in the above-mentioned Matabeleland North districts. Bantwana is implementing four core sets of interventions namely, i) HIV prevention, condom education, gender norms change, social assets building, and sexual violence prevention; ii) Education subsidies including primary, secondary and Part-Time and Continuing Education support; iii) Combination of socioeconomic approaches for caregivers layered with positive parenting; and iv) Economic empowerment for AGYW (financial literacy, work readiness and employability trainings, vocational training for market-driven technical skills, internships).
Purpose of the position
Reporting to the District Finance Officer, the aim of the role is to ensure that staff and supplies are transported to and from assigned destinations safely with proper daily checks on vehicles.
- Transport the staff, authorized passengers, goods and commodities to and from assigned destinations safely always and record and file supporting documentation.
- Properly log in all trips and following all laid down guidelines in accordance with the transport policy.
- Clean cars / vehicles before / after travelling;
- Deliver and collect mail from the Post office, or any other location accordingly;
- Ensure all vehicles are refuelled on time per vehicle policy guidelines;
- Communicate any fault on the vehicle immediately to the Mechanic via a maintenance request form;
- Receiving, recording, issuing of stock, and reporting thereof;
- Follow up and ensuring that all procured supplies, works and services are delivered;
- Prepare and submit vendor payment documentation to the procurement personnel at the country or field office;
- Ensure security and safety of Bantwana Zimbabwe vehicles and all other BZ assets and inventory;
- Load and off load goods/commodities as and when necessary;
- Assist field programme staff in financial, logistics and administration duties;
- Comply with vehicle policies, HR manual and any related policies including the Code of Conduct;
- Adhere to and respect the compliance policies including but not limited to Child Safeguarding, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblowing, Anti-Fraud, and Conflict of Interest Policies
Qualifications, experience and competencies required
- At least 5 ordinary level subject passes.
- An entry level qualification in Transport Management or equivalent is an added advantage;
- At least four years’ experience in a similar post within an NGO environment;
- Clean Class 4 driver’s License plus valid defensive driving certificate;
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English are essential;
- Computer literacy, email, internet, Microsoft Word;
- Flexibility and calm, whilst working under pressure and adapting to changing priorities.
Interested candidates should submit their motivation letters demonstrating their suitability for the position and detailed CVs, clearly stating the position being in the subject section to: [email protected]
Bantwana Zimbabwe is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 17 December 2021 (close of business)