Cash Transfers Officer
- Post Date:August 27, 2021
- Views 369
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
CARE is set to implement a pilot project in Buhera district under the guidance of the World Bank and relevant government agencies. The pilot will aim to strengthen the government’s social protection structure, specifically BEAM, through layered social protection and WASH interventions to better addresses the needs of vulnerable adolescent girls through provision of: unconditional multipurpose Cash transfer to HH with learners under the BEAM programme, Income Generating Activities (IGA) grant to fund business plans for the same HH and School and Community level capacity Building and WASH Promotion Support.
The organisation seeks to preposition this recruitment for outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to the country office.
To provide guidance in the implementation of e-based cash transfers to the project.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Provides guidance and mentoring support to other project staff in the implementation of cash transfers following the established guidelines/standard operating procedures in cash programming.
- Provides specialist advice and capacitates project staff on cash transfers.
- Coordinates and supports implementation processes of cash based response to project staff.
- Carries out monitoring field visits to support the MEA of the project.
- Coordinates with relevant stakeholders in implementing cash transfer processes.
- Ensures that project results are collected, analysed, aggregated and clear ‘results stories’ are developed demonstrating outcome and impact of project activities.
- Ensures problems arising are quickly resolved to maintain excellent project progress.
- Receives, reviews, consolidates and disseminates project progress from stakeholders and project staff as per donor guidelines.
- Captures learning and feedback to improve the cash transfers methodology based on responses and shares these with the APM.
- Supports project team to track cash transfer progress and participation of stakeholders, attends progress review meetings and contribute to future programmatic priorities.
- Maintains relationship with all key stakeholders, including Government of Zimbabwe departments and donor partners.
- Creates an environment within CARE’s workplaces, programming, and communities where CARE works that is free from sexual harassment, sexual abuse and sexual exploitation and child abuse.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Social Sciences/Development studies/Economics/Agriculture/Food Security or equivalent
- Demonstrated 3-4 years’ experience in livelihoods programming preferably with an International NGO or other relevant field
- Experience in cash transfers
- Ability to transfer knowledge and transfer clear messages and information to a wide spectrum of people with different backgrounds
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.
Deadline: 1 September 2021