Call Centre Intern - Harare
- Post Date:May 13, 2021
- Views 947
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
The Project is a 5-year USAID-funded Integrated Maternal, New-born, Child Health and Family Planning (MNCH-FP) cooperative agreement whose overall goal is improved maternal, youth and child health and survival in beneficiary communities and populations. The geographic focus is the seven districts of Manicaland Province, focusing on activities to increase the demand for and supply of integrated, quality MNCH-FP services as well as delivery of FP services through outreach in 8 provinces. This project will provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) in Manicaland Province for MNCH and direct service delivery for FP through outreach services.
The Call Centre intern will be the liaison between the Mhuri/Imuli project and its MNCH/FP current and potential clients. The candidate will accept ownership for effectively solving client complaints and inquiries, keeping client satisfaction at the core of every decision and behaviour. The incumbent will manage large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner following call centre “scripts” when handling different topics. Identifying customers’ needs, clarify information, research every issue and provide solutions. Will link and refer clients for medical assistance at the nearest health facility for further investigations and subsequent management as well as refer and link clients for FP services with outreach teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner following communication “scripts” when handling different topics.
- Seize opportunities to upsell products when the opportunity arises.
- Build sustainable relationships and engage clients by taking the extra mile.
- Keep records of all conversations in the call centre database in a comprehensible way.
- Handle customer inquiries both over the phone and email, researching required information using available resources.
- Manage and resolve customer complaints or refer where there is a need provide clients with contraceptives and service information.
- Identify and escalate issues and route calls to appropriate resources for further assistance.
- Developing the knowledge of customer needs and trends to improve customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to work with people from different social background.
- Display exceptional verbal and written communication, interpersonal and active-listening skills, as well as the ability to prioritize issues and respond accordingly.
- Possess problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Be a good communicator who easily adapt to people ‘s different circumstances.
- Have the time-management and organizational skills necessary to effectively manage multiple expectations in a fast-paced.
- Have ability to convey a positive and professional image to clients.
- Maintain composure in high pressure situations, i.e., stress tolerance and resilience.
- Client focus and adaptability to different personality types Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Must be proficient in relevant IT applications.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Previous experience in a customer support role
- Degree in Health Education and Health Promotion/Social Science
- Qualification in Nursing Science will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English, Shona and Ndebele will be an added advantage.
- Strong telephone and verbal communication skills along with active listening.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Deadline: 19 May 2021