The Women’s University in Africa establish in terms of Statutory Instrument 130 of 2004 was founded by Professor Hope Cynthia Sadza, a former Public Service Commissioner and Dr Fay King Chung, former Minister of Primary and Secondary Education in Zimbabwe. The University has various business units as a means to diversify its revenue streams. One of those business units is the Marirangwe Farm in Marondera, trading as Farm Helianth Farmers Pvt Ltd.
The Women’s University in Africa (WUA)’s HELIANTH FARMERS (Pvt) Ltd BUSINESS UNIT is calling for applications for a Business Unit Leader Position which is vacant.
The Incumbent will report to the Helianth Farmers Pvt Ltd Board, which is a sub – Committee of the Women’s University in Africa Council, and, responsible for productivity and profitability of the farm.
The WUA Helianth Farmers Pvt. Ltd, through the Business Development pillar of the Planning, business Development, Operations and Finance function of the University, headed by a Pro Vice Chancellor, is the Heartbeat of Agricultural Innovations. Its mission is to cultivate family, health and honesty in farming while integrating gender in agronomy through transparency. Its vision is to typify confluence of commitment in animal husbandry.
Key Performance Areas
- Financial Management – Develop and implement financial management strategies (10%)
- Business Development Management- Develop and implement business development management strategies (10%)
- Animal Husbandry Management – Develop and implement animal husbandry management strategies (20%)
- Crops and Pasture Management – Develop and implement crops and pasture management strategies (20%)
- Asset Management – Develop and implement asset management strategies (10%)
- Research and Innovation Management – Develop and implement research and innovation management strategies (10%)
- Human Capital Management – Develop and implement human capital management strategies (20%)
- Develop and implement the Farm Strategy, Policies and Procedures.
- Formulate, implement and monitor farm budgets.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and contracts for synergies with internal and externai partners.
- Develop procedures and policies for collaborative agricultural research projects.
- Leadin the establishment of the farm industrial and innovation hub.
- Lead the process of community engagement and relations at the farm.
- Lead the operations and strengthening of the livestock and crops units of the farm.
- Develop and implement WUA Farm standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the Livestock, crops, workshop, pasteurizing, security and pastures section.
- Develop and implement the farm accounting manual, human resources policies and procurement procedures.
- Develop and implement human capital policies and procedures inclusive of performance management, compensation, career development and succession.
- Lead the effective management of pastures and production of the farm stock feed.
- Lead the development of the Asset Management policies & procedures.
- Lead the development of value addition of dairy products.
- Lead in creating visibility and awareness of the farm, its research outputs and products.
- Grow the farm to attain smart agriculture status.
- Develop structures for the establishment of an industrial and innovation hub in collaboration with the Faculty of Agriculture.
- Develop the farm to be a referral point for the farming community in Mashonaland East Province and the country at large.
- Work closely with the business development team, university Faculty of Agricultural Sciences and the community.
- Report monthly on sales performance, new product introduction and submit monthly records.
- Prospect and present products and services to Farmers, Contractors. Veterinary officers and other relevant stakeholders.
Ideal Person Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Agriculture (major in animal husbandry will be an added advantage).
- Good at planning and organising own diary.
- Sound experience and knowledge of livestock and crops management.
- Self-starter, with ability to stand alone and take initiatives.
- A good technical approach and extensive experience in business development.
- A quick learner – able to learn and adapt to new technical products and systems.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Proven success in a similar role and good communications skills
Interested candidates, please submit your applications with a curriculum vitae, academic and professional qualifications and a one page proposal on how you can turnaround the university farm to the following: –
The Chairman of the Board
WUA Farm t/a Helianth Pvt Ltd
P.O BOX 9 Ruzawi Road,
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org