Business Unit Head
- Post Date:May 4, 2021
- Views 503
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
We have been exclusively retained by our client, a well established manufacturer and supplier of fast moving consumer goods in the agro-processing industry to assist with the recruitment and selection of a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to fill the critical role of Business Unit Head: Milling and Prepacks. The incumbent will be responsible for the full breadth of commercial activities pertaining to the effective operation of the Milling and Prepacks Division. The position reports to the Managing Director.
Key Job Functions:
- Ensure policies, strategies, commercial operations and business plans for the Division are developed and implemented so that the Company continues as a dynamic, profitable and healthy organisation.
- To take charge of the overall business operations, seek out new business opportunities, channels of distribution and routes and set objectives to optimize efficiencies and performance.
- Propose and gain approval for short and long term plans for the Division which enable the Company’s commercial objectives to be met.
- Consolidate current core business and nurture new investments.
- Ensure that the Division meets its current and future business objectives in line with requirements of the Company.
- Set and achieve revenue performance targets for the Division relevant to the business in conformity with the Managing Director’s expectations.
- Identify new business opportunities within the market and lead the development of innovative products.
- Rejuvenate the existing brand and increase its visibility and grow the existing operations significantly in the short to medium term.
- Develop operational procedures and standards to achieve business goals.
- Develop budget plans to control expenses and meet cost objectives.
- Manage accounts with customers and ensure implementation and support of business development.
- Conduct risk assessment and mitigation.
- To coordinate operational Managers to implement projects within approved budgets and quality parameters.
Requirements of the Job:
The successful candidate for this position should meet the following criteria:
- Must be a holder of a Degree in Business Management/Sales and Marketing Management/Operations Research or equivalent.
- A minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience in a commercial managerial position, 5 of which should be at a Senior Management level.
- An MBA/MBL/MSc post graduate qualification is a requirement.
- Specific experience in agro-processing an added advantage.
- Excellent operational and coordinating skills.
- Excellent customer negotiations and relationship management.
If you wish to be considered please submit your application to [email protected], or [email protected]. Confidential enquiries may be directed to our Managing Consultant Emmanuel Jinda on +263 773 004 143 or +263 (242) 772 778/ 770 035 or to Calistas Bumhira on +263 773 280 689
Fidelity Life Tower,
The Closing Date for Applications is 10 May 2021
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Jobs (55)
Evaluation of the Education Out Loud Funded Project on September 28, 2021 Consultancy