Business Development Officer
- Post Date:July 21, 2021
- Views 280
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
The Zimbabwe Association of Dairy Farmers (ZADF) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages all interested and qualifying candidates to apply.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Financial Inclusion focal person promoting ISALs;
- Business administration activities;
- Managing Accounting Bureau Systems for Dairy farmers and Milk Collection Centers promoting dairy business viability – establishing and promoting functional dairy hubs;
- Establishing and management of dairy business models for viability checks;
- Promoting reduction of milk production costs and viability of dairy business;
- Mapping financial service providers present in the district and collation of details about their products and services;
- Link financial service providers to Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) for services;
- Provision of business development services to commercially orientated dairy producers (e.g. business case for dairy production, small business plans and financial management);
- Monitoring of engagement between financial service providers and producers and acquisition of business skill by producers;
- Identify opportunities to work with the private sector’s MSMEs;
- Provide a mentoring and tailored approach to business development with MSMEs, working in the dairy value chain;
- Market linkage synchronization in the dairy value chain;
- Training of business development in the dairy value chain;
- Promote climate smart dairy farming.
The ideal candidate should have the following minimum qualifications and attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agri-business or Agriculture Economics or Business Studies or an equivalent;
- Masters in Strategic Management or Business Administration qualification an advantage;
- Have at least 3-5 years’ experience in a relevant field;
- Previous experience in mentoring MSMEs; Excellent interpersonal and networking skills;
- Excellent reporting skills to both internal and external teams;
- Computer skills with sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Email and PowerPoint);
- Clean Class 4 driver’s license is mandatory.
Interested persons should submit applications with detailed CVs to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 27 July 2021