Business Development Officer
- Post Date:March 30, 2021
- Views 466
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Duty Station: Gwanda
Type of Appointment: until Dec 2021 fixed-term, with possibility of extension
Estimated starting date: 1 May 2021
The successful candidate will lead the implementation of the SHDF business development and entrepreneurship projects in the respective districts. To plan, coordinate, facilitate, implement and monitor the Business and markets development in order to achieve set project goals. The selected candidate will be expected to work on the full-time basis during the assigned period under the direct supervision of the Programs Coordinator at Head Office.
Duties and responsibilities
In particular he/she will oversee the implementation of projects in respective districts with the following duties:
- Facilitate formation and implementation of Savings clubs;
- Facilitate awareness and formation of SACCOS; Mobilisation of entrepreneurs into commodity groups;
- Establishment and training of district commodity associations for commodities identified and entrepreneur associations for renewable energy and rural housing;
- Prepare and submit timely, quality routine, and/or special reports and briefings as required;
- Assist the organization in the design and development of new projects and initiatives;
- Provide technical support to ward facilitators;
- Develop and deliver presentations, reference materials and speeches as may be requested on for informational, advocacy and coordination purposes;
- Participate in coordination meetings with partner NGOs, local authorities as may be required;
- Establish links and maintain continuous dialogue with local organizations, local authorities in the district;
- Perform any other duties as SHDF may reasonably require commensurate with the post holder’s abilities and responsibilities.
The incumbent should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Studies, Commerce, Economics, Development Studies, Agriculture or any related discipline;
- Diploma in Training/Education/Gender or any related discipline;
- A valid, unendorsed class 3/4 drivers licence with at least 3 years motorbike riding experience;
- Experience in analytical and research skills;
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to gender issues;
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar role in the NGO Sector.
Skills and experience
The incumbent should possess:
- At least 4 years working within the development context, with a focus on business development, community development, training, and gender;
- Strong report writing skills, presentation and facilitation skills;
- Excellent training and communication skills;
- Ability to cooperate with other SHDF programmes;
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines;
- Experience in supervising, guiding and training people, individually or in groups;
- Ability to travel extensively over prolonged periods of time;
- Good computer skills e.g. Word for Windows, Excel, Email & Internet;
- Ability to work effectively with limited supervision;
- Familiarity with working with NGOs, local authorities and donors;
- Ability to manage more than one project at various stages of completion;
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of marginalized populations.
- Thorough knowledge of English and Ndebele
Interested applicants should send an application letter, current CV and contact details of three traceable referees to: [email protected]
We offer the right person an exciting opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the development of women and communities throughout the country.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: 6 April 2021