Business Development Manager – Employee Benefits
- Post Date:November 19, 2021
- Views 555
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
A local leading Insurance Group of Companies with selected business alliances across sector seeks to fill the above role in their management team
Reporting to: The Business Development Executive – Employee Benefits & Investments
The essential duties and responsibilities of this role will include:
- Developing and executing a clear strategy for the optimum performance of the corporate business portfolio with a key focus on acquisition & retention of clients.
- Establishing and strengthening relationships with key decision makers in Corporates, Banks, Brokers & Affinity Leaders.
- Directing and coordinating activities involving corporate insurance business i.e. Direct Sales, Bancassurance and other Distribution Channels (Brokers & Affinity Groups).
- Monitoring client preferences to determine focus of sales efforts for both new and organic growth.
- Identifying new leads and potential new markets through researching and high-level networking.
- Negotiating and making decisions on quotations with brokers and clients.
- Hands-on Portfolio Management in order to deliver profitability.
- Advising senior management on maximizing business relationships where opportunities have been identified.
- Collaborating with internal & external stakeholders to develop market relevant products.
- Identifying training needs, recommend, guide, rotate, monitor, and follow up in order to improve team competencies.
- Strategic & analytical skills.
- Eloquent, confident and articulate.
- Self-motivated, diligent and results oriented.
- High level of integrity, self-discipline with strong bias towards execution.
- Outstanding relationship management, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
Qualifications & experience
- Relevant Degree in a business-related field in Risk & Insurance Management; Business Development.
- Masters qualification and; or Diploma in Financial Planning an added advantage.
- 5 years’ experience in Employee Benefits with at least 3 years at Management Level.
- Proven experience in all aspects of Financial Planning and analysis of the Investments Markets.
The remuneration package is negotiable for the right candidate.