Business Development Manager
- Post Date:April 12, 2022
- Views 479
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Agriculture
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill the position of Business Development Manager. The incumbent will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will be based at Head Office.
Overall Job Purpose
To identify the organization’s business opportunities, market demands, gaps and short to medium term strategies, and generate insights to inform research and development. Conducts research for new business ideas to identify potential markets for new products.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Economics/Statistics/Economics/Business Studies
- Master’s Degree in Agricultural Economics/Economics/Strategic Management/ Business Administration will be an added advantage
- Minimum of three years experience in a similar role.
- Creative, Analytical and Problem Solving Skills.
- Innovative, Highly proactive, Self-motivated, Innovative and Adaptive.
- Ability to Work Under Pressure.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills.
- Project Management Skills.
- Excellent Report Writing and Presentation Skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies potentially viable business ideas for implementation by the organisation.
- Conducts research for new business ideas to identify potential markets for new products.
- Conducts feasibility studies for new business investments.
- Develops business plans/proposals/cases for new business investments.
- Analyses viability of new business projects and recommend financing strategies.
- Negotiates new business partnerships and opportunities.
- Conducts project evaluations to advise management as well as recommends way forward.
- Identifies, analyses and monitors industry trends with business strategy implications and recommends response strategies
- Conducts market research and collate data to guide decision making by Executive Management
- Synthesizes business intelligence data to support recommendations for action.
- Analyses regional and international economic developments and trends and recommends response strategies.
- Reviews the organization’s Standard Operating Procedures and recommends improvements
- Coordinates the corporate strategic planning process
- Compiles and produces the corporate strategic plan document.
- Reviews corporate performance quarterly within the context of the approved strategic plan.
- Analyses the organization’s corporate plans to assist in the alignment of business activities with market conditions.
- Produces and presents reports and papers to the Board Committee and Main Board meetings on new business and related matters.
- Performs focal person responsibilities for the Integrated Results Based Management (IRBM) system
- Maintains an up to date statistical database for the organisation’s business activities (Food Security).
- Evaluates the implications of crop production levels on National Food Security and on the GMB business operations.
- Participates in the development of pre-planting and post-harvest producer price recommendations.
- Analyses policy to assist in the alignment of business activities with macro – economic conditions.
- Reviews depot classification and recommending adjustments.
- Prepares the departmental budget
- Manages and controls expenditure within the agreed budget for the Department
- Assesses and mitigates risk in the Department.
- Any other work related duties as assigned by the Superior.
Applications accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications should be emailed to: [email protected].
Not later than 14 April 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.