Business Development Manager
- Post Date:April 5, 2022
- Views 523
- Career Level ManagerQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Education
The Midlands State University Research and Innovation Office is dedicated to support students and staff research and innovation endeavours. As a result, the University is seeking highly qualified, knowledgeable, experienced, and committed individuals to assist in research support, intellectual property management services, technology transfer, and business development. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the post of BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER in THE RESEARCH AND INNOVATION OFFICE.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, Technology or Business.
- A Master’s in degree in Business Administration.
- An earned Doctorate degree will be an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years relevant working experience in business development.
- Expertise in industrial activities, Start-ups, innovations and digital transformation will be an added advantage.
- Possess good leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills at all levels within and outside the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for business proposals and preparation of proposals to potential consumers of innovations.
- Understanding and analysing the needs of prospective customers and responding with a plan on how to meet them via innovative solutions.
- Carrying out careful strategic and tactical planning for partnership growth as well as building business development processes needed to meet Education 5.0 goals.
- Identifying opportunities to exploit the University’s innovation endeavours to create new income streams.
- Creating commercial strategies to boost the acceptance of innovations and their revenue streams.
- Working closely with the Innovation Manager in engaging with students, staff, industry and community to fully understand the capabilities and knowledge capital.
- Engaging externally with relevant sectors, industries and businesses with a view to exploit the capabilities of the University.
- Generating new income streams through commercialisation of knowledge capital, facilities and/or research and development projects.
- Influencing others and secure buy-in and commitment from staff across the University to deliver on projects and opportunities with external businesses and companies.
- Supporting staff and students to build their confidence and skills in business engagement as well as their awareness and understanding of key industrial strategies that affect the city, country and region.
- Writing business plans including financial budget delivery plans allied to innovation exploitation.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: Application letter, certified copies of certificates, and Curriculum Vitae giving full details of names, place, and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s), and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055
For the electronic version, please send to: [email protected]
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format. The closing date for applications is Friday 08 April 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be communicated to.
NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.