Business Development Manager
- Post Date:September 14, 2021
- Views 290
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Business
Agricultural Finance Company Holdings (AFC) is a newly formed entity made up of four subsidiaries namely; AFC Commercial Bank, AFC Land and Development Bank, AFC Insurance and AFC Leasing Company.
Reporting to the General Manager with a dotted line to the Head Strategy / Marketing, AFC Insurance is looking for a motivated Business Development Manager responsible for driving leads and expanding its Insurance business. The candidate should also be strategic and analytical with a thorough understanding of the Insurance industry preferably short term.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct market research to identify new business development opportunities.
- Conduct quality assurance surveys to determine customer satisfaction and use the Findings to improve on areas of complaint.
- Understand key customer needs and introduce relevant products and services.
- Initiate contact with prospects, generate leads and grow the customer base using established lead methodologies for new business.
- Build and maintain profitable relationships with key customers/partners to maximise premiums,
- Ensure company policies and procedures are maintained when conducting the sales of insurance services.
- Proffer advice and recommendation to clients on risk minimization across AFC subsidiaries’ other extension products.
- Keep customers updated on the latest products in order to increase sales.
- Expand the customer base by upselling and cross-selling through digital platforms.
- Employ business reviews using CRM programs with a view to continuous improvement of processes and
- product structure.
Job Skills and Competencies
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong networking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Experience in pitching and presenting to customers regularly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Business Studies, Insurance and Risk Management or related degree.
- Master in Business Administration (MBA) is a distinct advantage.
- At least 10 years relevant post-graduate experience of which 5 years should be at managerial level.
- A high degree of computer literacy.
- Knowledge of Insurance and Banking business systems, rules and regulations is a distinct added advantage.
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed resume by no later than 16 September 2021. All applications should be emailed to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be responded to.