Business Development Manager
- Post Date:February 2, 2021
- Views 591
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
(Mining, Energy, Food and Security Services Sectors)
A mature trend setting and go getter Business Development Manager (BDM) is being sought by a Harare based company to manage a diverse business portfolio and opportunities in the company and be the point of contact for new and existing business.
The BDM also develops and structures responds to Request For Proposals, Expression of Interests, Tenders, Development & Growth of sales and value in new and existing business.
- To develop and execute structures and strategies to increase company sales and profits.
- Develop strategies to fully monetize company assets and projects.
- Developing and sustaining solid relationships with company stakeholders and business associates.
- Analyzing customer feedback data to determine whether customers are satisfied with company products and services.
- Recruiting, training, and guiding business development staff.
- Providing insight into product development and competitive positioning.
- Analyzing financial data and developing effective strategies to reduce business costs and increase company profits.
- Conducting market research to identify new business opportunities.
- Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Developing business proposals and quotes for clients.
- Collaborating with company executives to determine the most viable. cost-effective approach to pursue new business opportunities.
- Meeting with potential investors to present company offerings and negotiate business deals.
- Attending conferences, meetings. and industry events.
- Developing goals for the development team and business growth and ensuring they are met.
- Training personnel and helping team members develop their skills.
To excel in this role you should be an active listener. have a compelling sales personality. and a hunger to chase and close new business from said calls and inbound warm leads.
The ideal candidate must possess at least the following amongst others:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management / administration, finance/accounting, marketing, sales or related field.
- Proven at least 5-year experience working as a Business Development Manager or similar role.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills and business record keeping.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Valid Driver’s licence and ability to travel as needed.
- No criminal record
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and management skills.
- Exceptional negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to extract value from projects and concepts.
Interested parties to apply with full profiles to [email protected]