Business Continuity Officer
- Post Date:May 21, 2021
- Views 404
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Business
Cassava Smartech is looking for a competent Business Continuity Officer to join the IS Technical Services team. The successful incumbent will be responsible for managing the implementation and day-to-day functions related to creating business continuity plans and procedures, while also managing disaster recovery operations within the business.
- Designs and outlines business continuity plans, goals, objectives and scope for business plans.
- Incorporates business plans into enterprise business continuity plans and goals.
- Challenges business leaders on identification of critical functions and needs.
- Reports to the Line Manager and defines on-going goals, objectives and initiatives that support business continuity.
- Identifies and makes recommendations for change and adapts them to meet the needs of the business.
- Identifies and recommends enhanced plan maintenance strategies that remain flexible to organizational growth, change and resource capabilities.
- Designs and facilitates tests / exercises on the business plans and crisis management execution.
- Supports Information Security and Governance Manager on critical components of the business continuity plan in order that they can make critical decisions.
- Provides visibility reports to the Information Security and Governance Manager on the critical functions, individuals and infrastructure within the business plans.
- Decides on the reviews and tests of established business continuity plans and procedures.
- Reports business continuity findings to management and makes recommendations for improvements that are required.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- A Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Industry certifications such as Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), ISO22301, Certified Functional Continuity Professional (CFCP), Certified Business Continuity Auditor (CBCA), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) will be prioritized.
- 2-3 years’ experience in business continuity, or related fields.
- Extensive knowledge of Fintech and Telecoms development.
- Experience in working with global compliance standards and business continuity planning/frameworks.
- Experience in working with modern cloud infrastructure, Software as a Service (SaaS), and Platform as a Service (SaaS) environments.
- Preferred experience in high growth start up environments or implementing BCP and DR programs.
- Background in information technology and business continuity/risk management is advantageous.
- Experience in project management in an information security environment is critical.
- Honesty & integrity is a must.
Please apply to: The HR Business Partner by sending your CV to [email protected] clearly indicating the position “Business Continuity Officer’ in the subject area by the 25th of May 2021.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.