Business Banking Specialist
- Post Date:May 12, 2021
- Views 372
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Business
Business Unit: Retail Banking
Geographical Area: Zimbabwe
Department: Retail Banking Department
Vacancy Manager: Country Manager – Business Banking
Purpose of the job
Manage a profitable and sustainable Business Banking Portfolio.
1. Responsible for the growth of the SMEs Assets and Liabilities Book.
- Managing profitability driven SME products.
- Generating sales leads and applying sales techniques to close deals fast and effectively.
- Formulation of customer retention strategies for the Business portfolio and ensuring an optimum product uptake through cross selling of Bank products.
- Optimizing customer segments and product mix.
- Preparing credit proposals and recommending them to the appropriate lending committees for approval.
- Ensuring credit proposals adhere to the Bank credit policy and regulatory prudential guidelines while managing Financial, Market and Operational risks of the assigned Business Banking portfolio.
- Relationship Management of clients by maintaining a regular contact and keeping abreast of developments of client operations and needs.
2. Manage impairments/Portfolio Management.
- Maintain default rate of below 3% of the cumulative book.
- Maintain an attrition rate of no more than 1% of the portfolio.
- Analyze and interpret MIS reports and take corrective action.
- Ensure quality lending as measured by losses and provisions for bad debts and write offs.
- Responsible monitoring and control of all credit facilities in the Business Banking portfolio.
- Responsible for the overall risk management of the Business Banking portfolio through enforcement of operational controls
3. Ensure superior service to the Business Banking customers.
- Ensure service superiority by developing and fostering a superior service culture through quality circles, total quality management and adhering to service level agreements.
- Developing and fostering a culture of innovation and continuous improvement to keep abreast of customer’s needs and expectations.
- Proactively identifying customer’s needs and resolving their complaints timeously.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- First Commercial Degree
- IOBZ, or equivalent an added advantage.
- Over 2 years banking experience in business units at Relationship Officer or Credit analyst level or above
- Familiarity with international best practices and global trends in the sector.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good Relationship Management skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good leadership qualities.
- Excellent communicator and motivator.
- Team player.
- Problem solver
- Analytical person
- Excellent credit proposals writing skills
Job Related Knowledge
- Technical knowledge in business finance tools, products and methodologies (sales management, CRM, issuing & acquiring, credit scoring, collections, product development, etc.).
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory issues typical for country banking system.
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to [email protected] with the Heading: “Business Banking Specialist” attaching all your academic certificates as well as your national ID.
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 14 May 2021 @ 1630hrs.
Related Jobs (38)
Assistant Social Services and Recreation Officer on August 3, 2021
Executive Officer Human Resources and Administration (Grade 10) on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Citizen Engagement and Partnerships (CEP) Specialist on August 3, 2021 Contract