Business Banking Specialist
- Post Date:May 12, 2021
- Views 510
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Business
Business Unit: Retail Banking
Geographical Area: Zimbabwe
Department: Retail Banking Department
Vacancy Manager: Country Manager – Business Banking
Purpose of the job
Manage a profitable and sustainable Business Banking Portfolio.
1. Responsible for the growth of the SMEs Assets and Liabilities Book.
- Managing profitability driven SME products.
- Generating sales leads and applying sales techniques to close deals fast and effectively.
- Formulation of customer retention strategies for the Business portfolio and ensuring an optimum product uptake through cross selling of Bank products.
- Optimizing customer segments and product mix.
- Preparing credit proposals and recommending them to the appropriate lending committees for approval.
- Ensuring credit proposals adhere to the Bank credit policy and regulatory prudential guidelines while managing Financial, Market and Operational risks of the assigned Business Banking portfolio.
- Relationship Management of clients by maintaining a regular contact and keeping abreast of developments of client operations and needs.
2. Manage impairments/Portfolio Management.
- Maintain default rate of below 3% of the cumulative book.
- Maintain an attrition rate of no more than 1% of the portfolio.
- Analyze and interpret MIS reports and take corrective action.
- Ensure quality lending as measured by losses and provisions for bad debts and write offs.
- Responsible monitoring and control of all credit facilities in the Business Banking portfolio.
- Responsible for the overall risk management of the Business Banking portfolio through enforcement of operational controls
3. Ensure superior service to the Business Banking customers.
- Ensure service superiority by developing and fostering a superior service culture through quality circles, total quality management and adhering to service level agreements.
- Developing and fostering a culture of innovation and continuous improvement to keep abreast of customer’s needs and expectations.
- Proactively identifying customer’s needs and resolving their complaints timeously.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- First Commercial Degree
- IOBZ, or equivalent an added advantage.
- Over 2 years banking experience in business units at Relationship Officer or Credit analyst level or above
- Familiarity with international best practices and global trends in the sector.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good Relationship Management skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good leadership qualities.
- Excellent communicator and motivator.
- Team player.
- Problem solver
- Analytical person
- Excellent credit proposals writing skills
Job Related Knowledge
- Technical knowledge in business finance tools, products and methodologies (sales management, CRM, issuing & acquiring, credit scoring, collections, product development, etc.).
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory issues typical for country banking system.
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to [email protected] with the Heading: “Business Banking Specialist” attaching all your academic certificates as well as your national ID.
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 14 May 2021 @ 1630hrs.
Related Jobs (23)
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer on January 25, 2022