- Post Date:September 17, 2021
- Views 242
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
City of Harare is inviting suitable applicants for vacant positions that have arisen in its various Departments.
POSITION : BRANCH LIBRARIAN – 1 Post
GRADE : 9
LOCATION : LIBRARIES
DEPARTMENT : HOUSING AND COMMUNITY SERVICES
REPORTING TO : SENIOR LIBRARIAN
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill in the above vacant position in the Education Section of the Housing and Community Services Department.
Responsible for the provision of library and information services for a defined area and assisting in collection development. planning and provision of information and reference services.
Key Result Areas
- Provides information and reference services.
- Catalogues and classifies library materials to meet standard library classification system.
- Plans and supervises work at a branch library.
- Participates in collection development.
- Compiles library statistics which assist in the writing of monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Attends District stakeholders’ meetings.
- Participates in capital and revenue estimates preparations.
- Conducts outreach programmes.
- Determines Library materials for display and circulation.
- Does budgetary control for the library.
- Assists in the development of library policies and procedures.
- Performs any other duties as when required within the context of the job.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 5 ‘O’ levels including English Language.
- National Diploma in Library and Information Science
- A Degree in Library and Information Science/Higher National Diploma in Library and Information Science will be an added advantage
- At least a minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in Library set up.
- Registered with a professional body.
- Customer Care focus
- Ethics and Integrity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Excellent supervisory skills
- Computer Literacy
Compensation and Benefits
A competitive salary commensurate with the post and other benefits will be disclosed to successful candidates.
NB: City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer. Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Written applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae including certified copies of relevant certificates should be clearly marked, on the envelope, the position being applied for submitted to:
The Acting Human Capital Director
P.O. Box 1680
Rowan Martin Building
OR hand delivered to:
Records Office.Basement, Room B32, Rowan Martin Building, Harare
To arrive not later than 22nd September 2021
CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY APPLICANTS
City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer
Related Jobs (27)
Research Consultant (SSA-9): 4 months (50 days) contract duration on October 18, 2021 Consultancy
Head of Project (Harare) – Forecast Based Action (FbA) on October 16, 2021 Full Time