Border Post Officer
- Post Date:July 7, 2021
- Views 317
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
The Agricultural Marketing Authority invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the post of Border Post Officer. The Border Post Officer will be stationed at the Beitbridge Border Post and will be reporting to the Director, Agribusiness. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring compliance and collecting vital statistics used for decision making. The Border Post Officer is expected to cover Matabeleland South Province at large and be stationed at the Beitbridge Border Post. Preference will be given to applicants residing in the Matabeleland South Province.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent’s key responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Monitor compliance of importers/exporters using the border post import and export.
- Inspection of the local Agricultural Commodity Market aiding farmers with market information to make informed decision.
- Undertake market survey on prices of agricultural products and feed to market bulletin.
- Market and represent AMA through attending meetings, workshops, cooperation, and collaboration with other departments when giving service delivery.
- Creates and provide information on regional market linkages.
- Collects statistic of imported and exported agricultural products, henceforth providing vital information that can be useful in decision making.
- Provide information to exporters and importers giving the basic knowledge of the requirements to import and export whilst avoiding unnecessary inconveniences.
- Write month end reports for presentation to the Director responsible.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of one year working experience
- First Degree in Agribusiness/ Agriculture/Agronomy/International Marketing/Economics
- Must demonstrate technical competence.
- Knowledge of the Agricultural sector is a prerequisite.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Result oriented, Innovative, Analytical and an excellent team player.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit their Application Letters clearly indicating the position being applied.
Applications should be submitted with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and Certified Copies of Certificates by not later than 18 July 2021 to:
The Head of Finance Agricultural Marketing Authority,
8 Leman Road,
Email [email protected]
Related Jobs (28)
Assistant Social Services and Recreation Officer on August 3, 2021
Executive Officer Human Resources and Administration (Grade 10) on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Citizen Engagement and Partnerships (CEP) Specialist on August 3, 2021 Contract