Blood Supply Executive
- Post Date:April 12, 2021
- Views 299
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
REPORTING TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
DURATION: FIVE – YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT
Key Result Areas
- Identifying and integrating new business opportunities into blood supply strategies.
- Approving the validated and evaluated laboratory equipment and processes for the Blood Supply department.
- Developing the blood supply strategies, annual work plans and budgets.
- Developing blood supply policies and procedures.
- Compiling periodic (monthly, quarterly, annually or as needed) blood supply reports for the Executive Committee.
- Managing blood donor recruitment, retention & management strategies.
- Implementing blood supply change management programmes in line with statutes.
- Monitoring blood supply plant and equipment, ensuring that they are performing satisfactorily, preventive maintenance is carried out regularly and repairs are carried out expeditiously.
- Promoting quality transfusion practices as per national Standards for Blood Transfusion in liaison with the Ministry of Health and Child Care and hospital authorities.
- Developing and implementing interdepartmental service level agreements.
- Developing and implementing blood supply contracts with external value adding partners.
- Coordinating donor counselling activities nationally and facilitating counselling organizations to help provide donor counseling.
- Coordinating with hospitals to strengthen their capacity to implement good transfusion practices at all levels.
- Identifying, promoting and carrying out blood supply research work.
- Integrating NBSZ’s Management Systems.
- Implementing blood supply strategy within the budget, workplans, policies and procedures as approved by the board.
- Promoting cold chain and that it is well maintained throughout and records well kept.
- Rewarding and retaining competent employees.
- Managing blood supply staff performance.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- HBMLS/ DMLT with specialization in Haematology and/or Blood Transfusion.
- MBA/ MBL/ qualification in business management or administration will be an added advantage.
- Have at least 5 years experience at senior level.
- Clean class 4 driver’s license.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their application letters, certified academic and professional certificates and CVs to: [email protected]
The Human Resource & Administration Manager
National Blood Service Zimbabwe
P 0 Box A101,
Not later than: 1600 hrs on 20 April 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.