- Post Date:August 25, 2021
- Views 367
- Career Level TechnicianQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
The hospital is the newest centre in the CURE network, opening its doors in April 2021 and specialising in the care of children living with physical disabilities. The CURE Children’s Hospital of Zimbabwe is the first hospital in Zimbabwe that is dedicated to serve vulnerable children and families through the provision of orthopaedic and spiritual care.
CURE Children’s Hospital of Zimbabwe (CCHOZ) is a specialised paediatric orthopaedic hospital in Bulawayo. CCHOZ is a new facility with modern equipment and is therefore seeking a Biomedical Technician who is able to maintain, install and repair a variety of modern medical equipment. The candidate needs a hunger for continuous professional development as internal training courses will be required for this role as well as collaborating with other hospitals in the CURE-Network.
This is a full-time position, with a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, pension contribution, housing and transport allowances.
- Inspects and installs medical and related technical equipment in medical and research facilities for use by physicians, nurses, scientists, or engineers involved in researching, monitoring, diagnosing, and treating physical ailments or dysfunctions;
- Repairs, calibrates, and maintains medical equipment and instrumentation used in hospital using hand tools, power tools, measuring devices, and knowledge of manufacturers, manuals, troubleshooting techniques, and preventive-maintenance schedules;
- Services various hospital equipment and apparatus, such as patient monitors, x-ray units, defibrillators, anaesthesia apparatus, sterilizers, diathermy equipment etc;
- Safety-tests medical equipment and health-care facility’s structural environment to ensure patient and staff safety from electrical or mechanical hazards.
Education / experience requirements
- A degree in Biomedical Engineering Technology, Applied Sciences, or related field, or equivalent;
- 2-5 years relevant experience working with biomedical equipment;
- Skilled proficiency in the use of tools and test equipment;
- Ability to interpret technical data like electronic circuit diagrams, schematics, and blueprints;
- Ability to solve technical and performance problems using information from a variety of sources;
- Working knowledge of technical requirements, codes, and standards associated with the field;
- Advanced computer skills;
- Basic understanding of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology;
- Desire to learn and continue to grow professionally.
Candidates to send their application letter and CV to [email protected]
Deadline: 30 August 2021
Related Jobs (31)
District Strategic Information Evaluation Assistant on October 25, 2021 Contract
Fitter & Turner on October 25, 2021