Behaviour Change Spotlight Initiative Programme Officer
- Post Date:April 25, 2021
- Views 626
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Zimbabwe Aids Prevention And Support Organisation
Location: Shamva District
Reports to: Programmes Manager
Urgent Vacant Post For 2 Months- Fixed Term Contract
Major activities of the job
- Facilitate in close collaboration with district stakeholders the dissemination of the Social and Behaviour Change strategy focusing on demand generation for integrated HIV, SRH and GBV services among men and women at district and community-level;
- Advocate with traditional, religious, political, administrative and other leaders in the district on issues focusing on demand generation for services related integrated HIV, SRH and GBV services among men and women at district and community-level;
- Undertake quarterly advocacy and support visits to all wards in the districts at least on a monthly basis;
- Support district leadership and community workers in behavioral change promotion activities;
- Ensure mainstreaming of demand generation for integrated HIV, SRH and GBV services among men and women into all major district events;
- Compile and submit monthly and/or quarterly progress reports to the Provincial Manager.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team;
- Initiative and result oriented;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Good computer skills;
- Ability to work with all groups in the community;
- Tact, advocacy, diplomacy, and consensus building skills.
- Degree in an area related to Project Management, Social Work, Social Sciences, Public Health; Counseling or equivalent; Master’s Degree is an added advantage;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience at professional level;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Sexual Gender Based Violence, HIV and Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights issues;
- Experience in HIV Programmes, Public Health or Health Promotion an asset;
- Experience in Training, counseling or project management an asset;
- Experience and ability to interact with community workers and district leadership;
- Holder of clean class four (4) driver’s licence is an added advantage.
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of qualifications should be hand delivered to:
The Executive Director
Zimbabwe Aids Prevention and Support Organisation (ZAPSO)
4 Aberdeen Road
ZAPSO believes in equal opportunity, qualified women are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will not be tolerated.
Deadline: 28 April 2021 (4pm)