- Post Date:April 10, 2021
- Views 544
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Business
Cassava Smartech is looking for a versatile and dynamic Backups Administrator to join its Information Systems technical team. The main purpose of the position is to provide backups administration support, implementation, integration, optimisation and maintenance of data archiving and recovery processes of all business systems.
- Designs, configures and implements backup schedules for all data center systems to backup media in line with backup processes and procedure.
- Designs, configures and implements data recovery processes and procedures for all data center systems from backup media.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends of new disaster recovery technologies and industry disaster recovery strategies to Line Manager.
- Administers, maintains and monitors all backup processes.
- Ensures that all Data Center servers, user computers, Risk Systems are backed up.
- Moves all backup media from the datacenters to storage locations as outlined in the backup policy and security policy.
- Maintains and secures all backup storage locations according to the policies.
- Implements disaster recovery projects within or without the data centre, or where backend systems are concerned.
- Provides input into the development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Performs IT data centers recovery processes whenever there is any form of data loss.
- Encrypts backup data according to the datacenter standards whenever necessary or required.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- A relevant vocational qualification be an added advantage.
- Exposure to a wide range of Backup and Archiving system environments [IBM Spectrum Protect ,Veeam].
- Exposure to Virtualisation and Cloud environments.
- Exposure to Windows, Linux and Unix environments.
- 2 to 4 years’ experience ina similar or related environment.
- Honesty & integrity is a must.
Please apply to: The HR Business Partner by sending your CV to [email protected] clearly indicating the position “Backups Database Administrator” in the subject area by the 13th of April 2021.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.