- Post Date:May 11, 2021
- Views 594
- Career Level StudentQualification Degree
Automation Technology Centre Intern
Location: Harare /Sites
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
You will be designing and implementing market leading digital solutions to boost business of internal and external customers.
Remote Monitoring Specialist has responsibility for measuring and improving customer mining equipment performance by using by various advanced analytics tools. By using insights of data Monitoring Specialist shall determine and perform condition monitoring, bad actor identification, RCM, FMEA analyses and processes for Sandvik fleet together with global team.
Remote monitoring specialist will provide and gather information from frontline and help them to be successful with new digital tools and ways of working. Remote monitoring specialist is established to model and visualize telemetry data and maintenance data. He/she will provide valuable input to frontline and help them to create robust RCA reports and recommendations to improve the performance of equipment based on the insights of data.
He/she will be part of Data Scientist team to improve and create new predictive models for various use cases in business. He/she will also work closely with engineering teams to provide valuable input to machine design in new product development.
Key performance areas
- Perform remote monitoring of customers fleet in terms of telemetry, maintenance, logistics data to ensure the optimal performance of the fleet.
- Provide engineering, human-reliability factors, process and systemic solutions to complex reliability & asset availability challenges.
- Provide valuable input to technical leadership at all levels of the mines with special emphasis on interacting with Operations and Maintenance crews.
- Statistically analyze equipment/asset performance to assess functional system reliability, asset availability, equipment maintainability, process safety & environment.
- Translate reliability opportunities into bottom-line cost savings & top-line growth, i.e. implement reliability improvement programs/processes and high-impact projects to deliver bottom-line cost reductions.
- Promote technical, systemic, human/behavioral reliability improvement factors across sites.
- Support the continued development and administration of analytical platforms and applications designed to improve reliability centered data reporting, analysis, and decision layer visualization and reports.
- Position requires travelling
- A Bachelor/Master’s degree in Engineering. You have curiosity to explore new ideas and develop them into robust solutions in collaboration with customer and global team. We
- Knowledge of machine operations and performance in a preferably on mining environment
- Advanced MS Office
- Working knowledge of reading and interpreting mechanical, hydraulic and electrical schematics
- Proficient with interpreting results from complex technical analyses and present results in a form that is understood and actionable by operations, product or marketing stakeholders
- Proficient in heavy duty equipment maintenance and applications, have strong electrical skills.
- Basic understanding of data visualisation tools
- Proficient knowledge of Mobile equipment Operations and Processes
- High interest towards advanced analytics.
- Experience from machine telemetry solutions.
- Service technician/engineer background is highly desirable.
How to apply
Please apply online HERE, reference R0022569
Applications close: 11 May 2021
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.
Related Jobs (12)
Graduate Entrepreneurial and Employment Promotion Programme (GEEPP) on January 25, 2022 Internship
Territory Manager – Lubricants – B2B2C – Immediatev on January 25, 2022 Full Time