- Post Date:May 26, 2021
- Views 881
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Grant Thornton Uganda office is looking for dynamic, enthusiastic and highly qualified Audit Managers; capable of managing all aspects of audit and assurance and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues and clients.
To ensure that all work allocated is carried out profitably and on a timely basis in accordance with the firm’s standards and to the satisfaction of clients and engagement partners. Further, to ensure that all staff are managed and developed to their full potential and to assist in the development of the practice.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- To work as part of the audit team by leading a team of people and manage a portfolio of clients;
- Ensure the team delivers timely and high-quality work as per Grant Thornton methodology;
- Interact with clients to help ensure the information flow from the client to the audit team is efficient;
- Develop on understanding of risk management procedures and ensure the firm is always compliant;
- Analyse problems in relation to engagements, identify core issues, investigate, evaluate and integrate information;
- Demonstrate professionalism, competence and clarity of communication when dealing with the team and clients;
- Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team;
- Draft key documents and present to clients;
- Provide feedback on performance of audit team and senior management;
- Keep managers and partners up to date with the progress on engagements;
- Actively participate in organizational initiatives like recruitment, training and other strategic tasks.
Specific requirements for the position
The ideal candidate should be/hove:
- A qualified Accountant/Public Auditor (CPA, ACCA, CA);
- At least Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business statistics, or related field;
- 6-8 years of post-qualification experience, with at least 2 years as audit manager, preferably with mid or top tier accounting firm;
- Exceptional knowledge of IFRSs and ISAs;
- Project management, leadership, coaching and supervisory skills;
Experience in public sector audits will be an added advantage; and
Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Send your applications and CV’s to [email protected] by 28 May 2021.