Audit & Assurance Planning Administrator
- Post Date:April 29, 2021
- Views 797
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com
About the Division
In Zimbabwe, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism and the public sector, and we provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies..
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you’ll develop at Deloitte.
About the Division
Aspire with Assurance
Audit is about much more than just the numbers. It’s about attesting to accomplishments and challenges, and helping to assure strong foundations for future aspirations. Deloitte illuminates the what, how, and why of change so you’re always ready to act ahead.
The Deloitte Audit of the future is a vision of a transformed audit that:
- Enhances quality, leverages industry insight and value for our clients and our people
- Distinguishes Deloitte in the marketplace for growth and talent
- Provides a foundation for on-going innovation — in thinking and in action
- Is a business transformation initiative, not just an IT project
In a word, Deloitte Audit is innovation. It’s a whole new mind-set to how we work powered by insightful content, a methodology with a renewed focus on our client’s risks, and a new suite of technology that helps our practitioners get work done faster, more effectively and at higher quality.
Our professionals need to have the acumen to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, balancing long term projects with the urgency of immediate operational demands. We are committed to establishing and empowering the firm by establishing an environment of continuous learning and enriching career opportunities.
Main Purpose of the Job
Under minimal supervision, to carry out a number of different inter-related tasks which vary in nature and which impact directly on a team / business and to deliver effective services to the business
- Completes a variety of standard tasks that impact delivery of the Audit team in relation to the overall strategy of the -Audit
Client Impact: Internal
- Performs a variety of inter-related tasks that impact on the efficient delivery of the team to the client (internal )
- Produces timeous and accurate work in support of the broader team’s delivery
- Maintains close focus on timelines and accuracy ensuring quality of delivery of the planning role
- Mitigates the risks that are inherent in the planning role through good attention to detail
- Provides reports on work status to Planning Manager
- Adapts tasks, varying in nature, to the requirements of the team / business ensuring timelines are still achieved
Budgets / Profitability
- Effectively uses time, equipment and resources to ensure they are kept within budget
- Update all planning requests submitted on the Resource Management for Projects.
- Co-ordinate short term and medium term staffing requirements for managers/other offices/other business units/clients
- Arrange trainees to attend stock counts locally/nationally. Confirm details with trainee and person requesting the count.
- Moja maintenance. Staff availability reports reviewed and emailed on a weekly basis to POB Captains in the various groups.
- Manage conflict planning by proactively liaising with the managers and partners on the conflicting assignments, and being able to put forward alternatives based on working knowledge of planning board.
- Reboot templates to be captured on Moja timeously
- EQM’s planning conflict to be resolved with the relevant managers impacted.
- Maintain client listing in all regions.
- Ensure New Hires have fair portfolios taking into Public and Private Selection.
- Attend planning meetings to discuss planning conflicts with managers where planning issues are discussed and resolved
- Liaise with trainees when planning changes at short notice
- Regular emails to managers to ensure the planning is up to date and unplanned trainees are utilised
- Prompt managers to prepare costing on a half yearly basis, as part of the internal control process. Proactively act as the “gate keeper” to the planning board, ensuring all internal controls and processes are adhered to prior to capturing or removing time. Be proactive in reporting transgressions
- Compile and distribute schedules detailing unoccupied trainees to other offices and other business units.
- Maintain unoccupied schedule
- For trainees to complete when unplanned or finish early at a client
- Monitor and manage unoccupied schedule – spot check on the trainees whereabouts
- Arrange unoccupied trainees to assist others when required (deliver/collect documents, assist recruitment, etc.)
- Distribute schedules to trainees detailing unoccupied hours for the month which have been compared to Moja
- Encourage unplanned trainees to assist others during busy periods in order to minimise overtime
- Identify quiet periods and inform other offices
- Update and monitor monthly core/attended hours
- Trainees with low hours monitored
- Engage consistently and fluidly with Johannesburg planning, ensuring the working together as a team, and the standardisation of processes and controls and sharing of best practices.
Study leave administration
APC & ITC
- Liaise with National Assurance Learning regarding APT/UCT board courses study and exam dates.
- Send out email to trainees to process the leave on Moja.
- Follow up on outstanding leave application.
- Ensure all conflicts client conflicts are resolved on trainees profile clashing with ITC or APC study leave.
- Suitable trainee’s replacements should be found for the clients impacted during the study leave period.
- Monitor changes to AB staff planning, as part of the internal control process. Proactively act as the “gate keeper” to the planning board, ensuring all internal controls and processes are adhered to prior to capturing or removing time. Be proactive in reporting transgressions. Maintain a full referenced manual record of all communications and approvals costings, allowing review and later reference.
- Communicate changes to Transformation partner
- Ensure AB staff have appropriate portfolio’s
- Control core and attended hours and advise manager group of any shortfalls
- Identify and “free up” trainees for secondments to other offices/other business units/clients
- Work on freeing up resources for AG request with quick turnaround time.
- Liaise with other business units/offices regularly regarding future staffing requirements
- Build relationship with other business units/offices
- Make trainees aware of secondments opportunities to other business units. Encourage trainees to build relationships with managers in other business units for expedition purposes
- Change planning to accommodate secondments
- 3rd year trainees are encouraged to spend time with other business units to gain experience/exposure in the event of them being interested in being retained after articles, this also enables the business units to evaluate the trainees for retention purposes
- Ensure trainees attend the JIT presentation
- Ensure planning for trainees that are applying for JIT is up to date once the necessary approval is granted by the POB Captain and planning partner.
Development of staff
- Identify dates for training courses for the learning calendar for trainees
Forward budgeted numbers of attendees for various courses to JHB for budget purposes
Ensure “Call for names” (attendees at seminars) schedules are correct and sent to JHB timeously
Ensure all training is booked on MOJA
Lecture at Induction Course for new intake with regards to Utilisation and Learning
- (Audit Partners, managers and trainees)
- Dates for following year prepared and sent to National Assurance Learning
- Attend National calendar meeting
- All in-house training to be loaded and staffed on Moja.
- Once staffed, names to be sent through the learning team.
- Monitor and control change request for moving training dates
- Regular meeting with HR and Recruitment to discuss action plan
- Reserve facilities for the week
- Set up venue, pens, flip charts, material
- Prepare material for various modules i.e. Admin Day, IT Training, Raise The Bar, PR and SAP
- Print name tents
- Attendance registers
- Order and arrange lunches and snacks
- Invitations to audit partners and managers to interact with New Hires
- Local planning process – short presentation regarding the planning process in the office
- Communicate all administration matters to National New Hires champion
- Higher National Diploma in Administration or Office Management
- 3 years working experience
Related Jobs (17)
Researcher – Gender Equality and Women Political Leadership on January 18, 2022 Consultancy Contract